MIDI Question

Lance Holland

Inspired
Hopefully easy. I'm trying to control the looper via a hard-wired MIDI footpedal
I have patch changes working through PC messages.
I'm trying to now control the looper.

I think these are CC messages. I have the channel set right and the CC as set below. What data do I need to send as data? Just the CC number or something else in the second data value for the message?
  • LOOPER1 REC 28
  • LOOPER1 PLAY 29
  • LOOPER1 ONCE 30
  • LOOPER1 DUB 31
  • LOOPER1 REV 32

Rats. I'm not getting there.

I've recorded a loop and have it playing. I've configured the midi pedal as a test with CC29 and have sent 0 and 127...nothing seems to start/stop the loop. I've tried different CCs with 0 and 127 around that in case it was off by one and none seems to affect the looper.

Did you affect the CC values in the setup midi/remote menu ?

Attachments

• 20220304_213350.jpg
    20220304_213350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
And connect your pedal midi out to fm3 midi in ;-) might be a stupid suggestion but this happens...

Ahhhhhhhhh......to stop the looper you should parameter a CC value for the STOP command, looks like this one is missing in your list.

Depends probably if your midi pedal is working on release of button or on push. You can also quantize if you specify a tempo in your patch. Further there is a possibilité to start playback or overdub automatically on second press of record button in the looper block config page

Welllll...sort of a bummer. There's a gap on the record is an issue. It's also not starting/stopping consistently.
Maybe not use learn but directly specify the adequate CC numbers ? I never experienced these problems with the midi controllers I used beforee(FCB1010, Gordius LG2...). On my FM3 I do the looper commands on a specific page of the Perform Menus

I've made some headway. It's responding properly to record/playback/erase commands and I fixed the gaps by sending the messages on the push rather than the release.
I also learned that I needed to send a "Once" command along with the stop of recording to keep it from overdubbing.

There is some weird behavior. When playing, sometimes the FM3 doesn't respond to the stop commands and takes some mashing on the pedal to get the loop to stop. That might be a bug.

Anyway...this is a work in progress. It's not as good as the built in looper control but shows possibility.

Back
Top Bottom