MIDI question

dang i really wasn't trying to be snarky at all! promise! :(

Fair enough...water under the bridge, and all that.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I feel cheated that it doesn't have that capability. Merely that I expected that it would, so I was surprised that it doesn't, and I hope it will be added at some point. I'm glad to hear that the Fx8 has that ability, which makes it all the more likely that the Ax8 will get it at some point as well.

Ouch. Will have mine tomorrow and without looking too much at the specs thought that it was basically the same as the fx8 without the true bypass and amp switching adding amps and cabs.

Ouch. Will have mine tomorrow and without looking too much at the specs thought that it was basically the same as the fx8 without the true bypass and amp switching adding amps and cabs.
The two units are very close in design and functionality. To be clear, the midi capabilities of the FX8 are there primarily to control MIDI controlled guitar amps. Because AX8 is meant to provide amp and cab modeling, the initial MIDI capabilities are less sophisticated.

Lets give fractal some time to figure out how were going to use this thing. Keep bringing this stuff up, they don't have a full use case yet.

I bet in the next six months it will have stuff you never thought of. Joe thanks for the Fas Boost the other day, It worked great at Church yesterday. The congregation thanks you.

And something else. Do you realize that for every preset you could have 8 different PC changes. Say you had an H9 for example, for every scene within that preset, you could have a different effect. That's pretty cool, if you ask me.

The two units are very close in design and functionality. To be clear, the midi capabilities of the FX8 are there primarily to control MIDI controlled guitar amps. Because AX8 is meant to provide amp and cab modeling, the initial MIDI capabilities are less sophisticated.

4 MIDI blocks per scene as in FX8 would be good :) plus mapping of connected EXP for externall hardware like H9 or SY-300.

Back
Top Bottom