Midi Program Change ‘Toggling’ Possible?

peteri

Experienced
Hi

I’d love to have a footswitch (via a CS I guess) toggle between two MIDI programs to send to an external effects unit.

So load the preset with one program and press the footswitch and it advances the program in the effect unit by one. Press it again and it goes back

I don’t think this is possible / the closest I’ve got is switching scenes and using the scene MIDI but you lose the status of any effects you’ve engaged.

Any other way to do this I’m missing?

Thanks

I don't think there is anything currently implemented that will do what you want to do. Your scene solution is the closest thing I can think of to get there.

I don't think there is anything currently implemented that will do what you want to do. Your scene solution is the closest thing I can think of to get there.

Thanks that's my take too, unless you get into fancy midi transformation boxes - which is massive overkill!

Hi

I’d love to have a footswitch (via a CS I guess) toggle between two MIDI programs to send to an external effects unit.

So load the preset with one program and press the footswitch and it advances the program in the effect unit by one. Press it again and it goes back

I don’t think this is possible / the closest I’ve got is switching scenes and using the scene MIDI but you lose the status of any effects you’ve engaged.

Any other way to do this I’m missing?

Thanks
I'm no expert on Midi because I don't use it, but can't you set up your control switch to send a PC value to your unit when ON and another when OFF? I believe you can do this in the FC CONTROLLERS menu on FM3 Edit or Axe Edit.
Don't use the Midi Block, use the FC Controllers: CS Midi window.
I can't test this, as I've said, because I don't have any Midi gear, but I think it should work. And it should be scene independent.

CS Midi.png

I'm no expert on Midi because I don't use it, but can't you set up your control switch to send a PC value to your unit when ON and another when OFF? I believe you can do this in the FC CONTROLLERS menu on FM3 Edit or Axe Edit.
Don't use the Midi Block, use the FC Controllers: CS Midi window.
I can't test this, as I've said, because I don't have any Midi gear, but I think it should work. And it should be scene independent.

View attachment 72497

Thanks that’s an excellent idea. You lose midi per scene but it’s an excellent idea indeed! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom