Midi problem

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Hoy!

Sometimes when I read post about good folks here posting "I haven't changed anything and now its not working..", I often smile abit and think "must have done something"... well, well..

I always recorded direct AXE to REAPER with USB just for fun, nothing advanced. It was always plug and play. Today when I started REAPER I was greeted by a "cannot find MIDI ports" message.

And... wait for it..... I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING!!!!! DOH!!!

Other useful info
AXE-FX latest FW to REAPER
USB cable working properly (with AXE EDIT)
PC WIN7/64
Tried to set AXE as my PCs sound device didn't work either so it should(?) be some setting in AXE rather than reaper

Did system reset on my AXE (just in case)

So, any ideas? and dumb it down please

thanks

Unistall, turn system (PC) off, turn on (with the AXE OFF) and then install the drivers from scratch. Follow the on screen messages

Diego, you rule! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the fool proof step by step guide. My drivers were older versions (not sure if that was the cause) but now all updated and working again.

thanks!

Diego, you rule! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the fool proof step by step guide. My drivers were older versions (not sure if that was the cause) but now all updated and working again.

thanks!
You probably could have just rebooted win7.. it has been known to lock up the USB/Midi interfaces.. and could have avoided the driver uninstall/re-install.

You probably could have just rebooted win7.. it has been known to lock up the USB/Midi interfaces.. and could have avoided the driver uninstall/re-install.
OK. well then I know that if any trouble arises again. Now I have the latest drivers anyway then. thanks

Back
Top Bottom