midi phantom power adapter -fcb1010

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Can anyone recommend a simple midi box that supplies power for FCB1010 (Eureka Prom) to the AXE FX II. needing a box that can give me bidirectional data. lookin for a solution without doin any mods.

Thx

Can anyone recommend a simple midi box that supplies power for FCB1010 (Eureka Prom) to the AXE FX II. needing a box that can give me bidirectional data. lookin for a solution without doin any mods.

Thx
The FCB requires a mod for phantom power. You don't have any option for it... It isn't about the midi, it's about the FCB itself.

it's not that hard. there are many ways to do it. I have done 3 fcb to midi phantom. there are a few videos out there showing step by step.

it's not that hard. there are many ways to do it. I have done 3 fcb to midi phantom. there are a few videos out there showing step by step.

I probably will for a fun project. I've gotten myself more comfortable with soldering this last year and did pickup swaps on two guitars so I think I could easily handle this.

I did one years ago. Pretty simple. I got the wiring diagram from the fcb1010 Yahoo user group....back when those were a thing.

Another option is to supply power and MIDI to your FCB over Ethercon. I have a MKII and that is what I did. I wanted my FCB to power up/down when I switched on the Axe.

You can do lots of mods to the FCB with a little work. I chopped the pedals off the right end so I could use standard expression pedals and removed the internal power supply completely. It now weighs a fair bit less and fits easily into a medium sized gig bag.

I did one years ago. Pretty simple. I got the wiring diagram from the fcb1010 Yahoo user group....back when those were a thing.

Shasha, yeah I was thinking about you. I had earmarked one of your older posts about your mod. I'm considering that as an option still.

Another option is to supply power and MIDI to your FCB over Ethercon. I have a MKII and that is what I did. I wanted my FCB to power up/down when I switched on the Axe.

You can do lots of mods to the FCB with a little work. I chopped the pedals off the right end so I could use standard expression pedals and removed the internal power supply completely. It now weighs a fair bit less and fits easily into a medium sized gig bag.

that link I posted above has an ethercon option I think. or maybe it was somewhere else I saw. I basically want to keep modding the board until it resembles an MFC lol. Love the simplicity and cost of the FCB but my main complaints are the flimsy pedals and no phantom power. Gordius used to make those kits it seems but no longer. They seem to be developing something else now.

Shasha, yeah I was thinking about you. I had earmarked one of your older posts about your mod. I'm considering that as an option still.

that link I posted above has an ethercon option I think. or maybe it was somewhere else I saw. I basically want to keep modding the board until it resembles an MFC lol. Love the simplicity and cost of the FCB but my main complaints are the flimsy pedals and no phantom power. Gordius used to make those kits it seems but no longer. They seem to be developing something else now.
Yeah... Gordius originally had the "core" module that makes up the brains of the Little Giant and Big Little Giant controller pedals. You could make it the brains for one or more FCB pedals.

They also had the LG-FCB mod kit, that internally replaced the brains...but somewhat limited.

They no longer offer either one and I believe Xavier is working on a new product line.

that link I posted above has an ethercon option I think. or maybe it was somewhere else I saw. I basically want to keep modding the board until it resembles an MFC lol. Love the simplicity and cost of the FCB but my main complaints are the flimsy pedals and no phantom power. Gordius used to make those kits it seems but no longer. They seem to be developing something else now.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, the Ethercon mod you referenced may have been from this thread - https://mackatackblog.wordpress.com...-fcbinfinity-finally-doing-what-was-intended/

If you want to really melt your brain, look at all the mods he has done to the FCB. His is inching ever closer to doing what an MFC does out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom