MIDI pedal that will fit on my Pedaltrain PT-2?

I have an FM3 and 2 expression pedals. I am trying to find a midi pedal that will allow me to select scenes (around 4 per song) and bank up and down AND will fit on a pedaltrain PT2. The fc6 is too big to fit with an expression pedal (I need at least one).

I have a decibel 11 switch dr that I used for my analog rig, but it’s too big to fit it all.
Any suggestions? Any similar setups you want to share?

Check out the Voes pedals or the Morningstar MC6.

Also maybe post a picture so people can see how much space you have.

I was interested in the Morningstar, but is it easy to use live (when we can do that again). Seems so small. And the switch’s could be programmed like the 4 on the left side as scenes and the 2 on the right and bank up/down?
Any other options? I know the PT2 is not as big as other options, but I’ve been to hell and back with it :)

I have never used one... But if you need 6 buttons in a small space then anything you get is going to have the buttons closer together ;)

I'm pretty sure any button can have any function.

With the Morningstar MC switches you have more than just 'press' or 'press and hold' to send midi messages, including a variety of 'Long Presses', 'Double Taps' and 'Long Double Taps' - all of which can send different messages. I went from an MC6 (which looks like it would be a very tight squeeze on your board) to the new, smaller MC3. In either case, you could use two switches on the controller to 'Tap' and toggle between two scenes (or presets etc) - giving you access to 4 scenes, and a 'Long Tap' to bank up/down. You can do that with just 2 midi buttons. The MC3 spacing between the buttons is better than the MC6 for live use. Good luck with it.

Allan

Both will work great. I had a Voes Mx18 with my Axe 3 and also have an MC8 with my FM3. The MC6 would probably fit your space better.

That Voes MC5 jr would be great if I had a pc. I’ve been a Mac for as long as I can remember. Something like that and an up/down switch may be cool. Maybe the Morningstar mc6 will fit between the FM3 and the expression pedals. Time to find a ruler!

That Voes MC5 jr would be great if I had a pc. I’ve been a Mac for as long as I can remember. Something like that and an up/down switch may be cool. Maybe the Morningstar mc6 will fit between the FM3 and the expression pedals. Time to find a ruler!

You could try the Blackstar Live Logic. I haven't tried it but it looks like it would work and should fit your board. Another one that looks really promising is the Xsonic Airstep, but not sure if that's readily available yet. The MC5 would work for scene changes without having to program it.

If you turn it sideways, the Morningstar MC6 would fit, but then the display would be sideways. I don't know what the dimensions on the MC3 are, but you could chain two of those together side-by-side and probably fit them underneath the FM3.

I got the MC6 and it works wonderfully, and it's easy to program! I did not once consider that the hard case would not shut given the height of the handles on the FM3 :mad:

For those that have tried both, what are the differences, other than the display, between the Morningstar MC-6 and the Voes MX-6? If it just the Morningstar has all of the tap, long tpa, double tap, etc. functions vs the Voes better button spacing? Or are there more significant differences?

Back
Top Bottom