Midi Output Not Working

James Lovato

This is likely a miss-configuration on my end. I am trying to send Midi triggers to an external device VIA the 5pin mid out on the back of the AxeFx. I am sending midi signals VIA cubase and my AxeFx is connected VIA USB. I have selected Axe FX midi out for the track but am not getting any midi signals from the cable.

Try connecting MIDI THRU from Axe-Fx to the other device.

My use case is:

I am sending midi signals over USB midi channel 1 to MY Axe FX III and it is working. I am also trying to send midi signals over the MIDI OUT (5pin) over channel 2 to my other guitarist's AxeFX II. This is not working as the AxeFx II (second axe fx) does not show any midi signal input. The AxeFX II is setup to receive MIDI on channel 2.

We are trying to keep our gear on separate sides of the stage/practice so this is why I am using the 5pin midi over another USB cable (since USB cables dont work at that length). I can stack the gear just fine and connect both devices VIA usb and it works great but keeping the gear separate is preferred.

I’m just going to use usb for both and stack the gear. Probably over complicating it here but I’d love to know how to use the midi 5pin out.

Back
Top Bottom