Midi Noise Through Monitor?

Kyloc_Armis

So I have a weird beeping noise coming through my Friedman monitor. When I disconnect my midi cables that run to my RJM Mastermind, the beeping goes away. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need some stupid expensive midi cables? I refuse to believe that if I want to use a foot controller, I have to deal with beeping.

And no, I don't have a clip because I don't know how to attach one on here lol.

It could be a grounding issue. Are you powering the GT via their phantom power box or with an AC adapter?
I'm powering it with the power brick that came with it and plugged that into a power conditioner. Its definetly not an electrical hum. Its like a "beepbeep...beepbeep...beepbeep"

So I have a weird beeping noise coming through my Friedman monitor. When I disconnect my midi cables that run to my RJM Mastermind, the beeping goes away. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need some stupid expensive midi cables? I refuse to believe that if I want to use a foot controller, I have to deal with beeping.

And no, I don't have a clip because I don't know how to attach one on here lol.
Is the midi cable near an audio cable? Try moving them around / apart.

Move the cable. It's emitting radiation that's being picked up by your guitar. Most MIDI cables aren't shielded. If that doesn't work you'll need to find a shielded cable.

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom