Wish Midi Messages Tied to Tap Tempo / System Functions

brads4

Experienced
I would sure love an outgoing midi message attached to tap tempo, so I can send the tap downstream to other devices. More outgoing midi in general would be helpful, especially from system controls.

I would sure love an outgoing midi message attached to tap tempo, so I can send the tap downstream to other devices. More outgoing midi in general would be helpful, especially from system controls.

It would be especially neat if any parameter that was assigned to receive a particular CC also transmitted that CC. That's how Nords (and most keyboards) work. A global option for Receive MIDI CC, Send MIDI CC, and Send/Receive MIDI CC.

I wonder if you could use a MIDI block to tap tempo instead, and somewhere in the MIDI chain loop back to the FX8 so that it also received its own CC message.

Other than that I'd mention it has been established that Fractal products seemingly aren't meant to be the tap / MIDI clock brain of your studio or live setup, since they don't transmit MIDI clock sync.

It would be especially neat if any parameter that was assigned to receive a particular CC also transmitted that CC. That's how Nords (and most keyboards) work. A global option for Receive MIDI CC, Send MIDI CC, and Send/Receive MIDI CC.

I wonder if you could use a MIDI block to tap tempo instead, and somewhere in the MIDI chain loop back to the FX8 so that it also received its own CC message.

Other than that I'd mention it has been established that Fractal products seemingly aren't meant to be the tap / MIDI clock brain of your studio or live setup, since they don't transmit MIDI clock sync.

I am aware of that, I just want the actual click of the tap to send a CC. I also agree with outgoing on other controls. I wasn't asking for a clock to sync to, though that is not a huge deal technologically, but would have to be part of the original design to keep off cpu resources.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just thought I'd add my 2 cents and see if it would be possible in a future update to get the tap tempo button to send MIDI CC to another device for syncing things together. I was searching to see if it could be done, and found this old thread that lead me to believe it does not at this time, but I also found a thread in the AX8 forum that seemed to indicate it might be possible, just not implemented.

Back
Top Bottom