Midi Mess - PLEASE HELP!!

Markom

Hello everyone ... Just purchased the FCB1010 along with the Eureka chip (which was an easy install and configuration - Thanks Dave!) and I've researched this to death on the Forums here and thought I had the solution to getting the Axe-Fx (Ultra)/Axe-Edit/FCB1010 all working at the same time, but alas, I simply cannot figure this out. Here is what I know:
  • I have the necessary equipment to achieve this
  • I cannot connect the Midisport 2x2 USB to my PC for power in the "Merge" setup scenario
  • I have tried all setup combinations and options for Midi configuration in Axe-Fx
  • My PC is virtually brand new running Windows 7 (64 SP1)
  • I have four separate USB ports available
  • I believe I have all the necessary cabling
If any of you brighter users have this working and has time to take a look at the image attached below of the equipment I have at my disposal, I would so greatly appreciate it if someone could complete the diagram for proper hookup. Thanks!!!

Axe_Midi_Setup.jpg

All you need is 2 MIDI in and 2 MIDI out ports accessible by the computer; you could connect like this: http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3996/midisportmerge2.png That will let you switch the 2x2 to thru mode for using the FCB even when the computer's off. The rest of the setup process is at the MIDI & Merge tabs of the Axe-Edit MIDI settings menu, telling it which ports are connected to what & enabling "echo to output" for the footcontroller data to reach the Axe-FX.

Thanks for the quick response, Bakerman ... I'll give this setup option a try later this evening. It makes sense to me, so that's half the battle for me. Thanks again!

Works Bakerman! See setup diagram below. Now the fun of programming the FCB1010 starts. Pretty straightforward with the Eureka chip installed. Thanks again for the help. :p

Axe_Edit_Midi_FCB1010_Setup.jpg

Last edited:
by crossing your A' and B' in/outs, can you connect to axe edit that way too?
i have a 4x4 wired A to A B to B i can connect to axe edit but have to have the pute on for fcb to ultra connection.

Back
Top Bottom