Midi Mate phantom power

KW1234

I've read that people are phantom powering the Midi Mate through Axe-Fx. However the Axe-Fx manual states not to plug in a power adapter with higher than 1A rating and the Midi Mate adapter states "Output:9V~2000mA". Doesn't that mean that the adapter is more powerful than the Axe can handle?

Can any Midi Mate users shed light into this before I try?

I used the recommended supply with my ultra for years no issue, attached it to the axe 2 when i got it, and it burned out the resistor immediately... so i built a special midi cable that has the power running inside it. Be careful, it can burn out the axe.

I used the recommended supply with my ultra for years no issue, attached it to the axe 2 when i got it, and it burned out the resistor immediately... so i built a special midi cable that has the power running inside it. Be careful, it can burn out the axe.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, the Midi Mate power supply is twice as powerful as the Axe II can according to manual handle.

It's a better idea to keep it out of the axe IMHO. now my rjm pulls alot of power, and would never work being fed from the axe. the older ultras were just a pass through, not sure why there was a need to design the 2 the way they did, by running it through a circuit.

Back
Top Bottom