MIDI Mapping Axe-Fx III with FL Studio

JakeHitz

Hello, I am trying to change presets and scenes with automated midi signals from fl studio. I have read the manual and searched online but I can’t find much clear information for this. If anyone knows how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Make sure Program Change is turned on in the Axe III. Make sure FL Studio is sending on the same MIDI channel that the Axe is receiving on. Use FL Studio to send MIDI Program Change messages, and the Axe III will respond.

Thanks for the reply! Ive got program change on, does the Axe FX have a set channel or is there a way to choose what channels it’s on from the box?

Thanks, I figured it out! My problem ended up bieng with fl studio and not the axe. But for anyone who might be having trouble what I did was first go into the midi/remote section of the Axe and turn on program change and turn on pc mapping. Then I went to the mapping tab and set the Scenes I want the pc messages to activate. In fl studio I added the midi out plugin. I set that to channel 1 to match the Axe and I set it to the same port I used to connect the Axe with in the MIDI settings section. It turns out in fl studio the drop down patch menu at the top of the midi out plugin is actually the pc commands. This was where I was messing up. I just right click and automated that and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

If you're just changing scenes, you could just assign a Scene MIDI value on the Axe III, and then have fl studio send MIDI CC commands. No need to mess with mapping at all.

Back
Top Bottom