Wish MIDI input mapping - like the Axe II

andreww

Inspired
One of the great features in the Axe II is the ability to map program changes (midi in) to patches and scenes. I have used this extensively, as my patch changes are controlled by a computer when I play live. I have hundreds of songs programmed this way.
Cliff, is it possible to introduce this in the AX8? I might need to go back to the Axe II or but something that does a conversion.

Thanks

Andrew

One of the great features in the Axe II is the ability to map program changes (midi in) to patches and scenes. I have used this extensively, as my patch changes are controlled by a computer when I play live. I have hundreds of songs programmed this way.
Cliff, is it possible to introduce this in the AX8? I might need to go back to the Axe II or but something that does a conversion.

Thanks

Andrew
Can your midi program send a PC and CC message? Probably a bit easier than using the front panel to do the mapping. PC and Scene CC# charts are in the manual.

I use midi to change my ax8 presets and scenes....am I missing something here??

I thought you could only use program changes to bring up presets, but not scenes? the Axe II lets you map program changes to specific presets and scenes. eg program change 22 to preset 15/scene 5
Is there some way to do this? thanks

Back
Top Bottom