Midi Implementation question

guitardoc

Experienced
The Midi implementation chart of the AF2 shows that cc# 0-9 and 125-127 are not used.

Does anyone know if they are 'free' and if it is safe to use them to control some other gear or are they in use internally and should be left alone?

Thank you very much.

125 and 126 are now used for Rotary X/Y.

I believe the others are available, but may be implemented in the future.

125 and 126 are now used for Rotary X/Y.

I believe the others are available, but may be implemented in the future.

Hey Chris - so CC#'s 1-9 are not currently used internally for anything? I've avoided using them. My foot controller is the LF+ 12+ and it only recognized 60 CC#'s. I think it also starts at #10, not positive without it in front of me though, if that's the case and I could use 1-9 for some F/X and X/Y-ing that would help.

You should use separate MIDI channels for different pieces of gear. Then if the numbers are also used by the axe it doesn't matter.

sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

i would but I want to use the mfc as midi controller and afaik it is not possible to send cc messages using separate midi channels - at least I don't know how to do it...

In the ctrl menu of the axe-fx is a list where there is a cc number for each effect. These values are factory standards but you can overwrite them. Be careful if you do, you need to keep a good overview to avoid chaos. There's some effects that you never use at all ( like comp2, chorus2)? You could use their cc numbers for other purposes.

i would but I want to use the mfc as midi controller and afaik it is not possible to send cc messages using separate midi channels - at least I don't know how to do it...

Each IA switch on the MFC-101 can send individual 'On' and 'Off' program change messages, 2 separate CC messages (and a custom sys. ex.message), on any of the 16 available Midi channels.

Set the desired IA switch to 'None' in the 'Midi' edit menu on the MFC.

I forgot to mention that I want to use two of the external footswitchs of the mfc. Is it possible to use them in the same way you described?

I forgot to mention that I want to use two of the external footswitchs of the mfc. Is it possible to use them in the same way you described?

Yes and no..........The 4 External foot-switches send only 1 CC message each. But, any CC #, programable 'on' and 'off' values and on any midi channel.

Thank you for your help. How can I select different midi channels for two of the external switches? I am at a loss here...

Not in front of my MFC right now. Been using 'MFC-Edit' lately. :encouragement:

Press 'Edit', then 'Midi', 'Page' left? to 'XS1', 'Parameter' right? to change CC#, Midi Channel#, Switch Type, then 'Page' right once, 'Parameter' right to set the 'On' and 'Off' values. Repeat for 'XS2'.......etc.

It's all in the manual.......;)

Let us know of you get it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom