MIDI Guitar 2

I did use the VG-99 pitch-to-MIDI once, just for testing purposes. Then, since I found that the Axon was tracking better, I never used the pitch-to-MIDI function of the VG-99 for performance or recording purposes; I only used the VG (Virtual Guitar) function of the VG-99, which uses no pitch-to-MIDI technology but waveform modelling technology.

Are you a lawyer or a legal academic? That scrutiny on the wording reminds me the Procurement Auditor of my office ;)

If you require forensic evidence, here is a picture where I have the VG-99 (over the rack) and the Axon (top position inside the rack) :p

Very nice rig :) BTW, I'm not a lawyer -- haha -- just a stickler for words sometimes. Don't get me wrong.

Very nice rig :) BTW, I'm not a lawyer -- haha -- just a stickler for words sometimes. Don't get me wrong.

I'd be interested to try out one of the Axon devices -- they are the only pitch-to-MIDI solutions I haven't tried. They were never readily available in the regions I've lived in. They were certainly considered the peak of this kind of technology at one time.

FWIW, You might consider revisiting the VG-99's pitch-to-MIDI -- if you like the idea of simplifying your rack. The VG-99 is all about the guitar modeling function for most users (me too) but the pitch-to-MIDI conversion is very a useful bonus and can be adjusted to get highly responsive performance particularly with MacOS based soft synthesis (less so on Windows). I personally struggled with the MIDI part a lot at first coming from the highly competent GR-33 and GI-20. I ended up trying a bunch of different devices to handle MIDI. But I ended up coming back to the VG and got it functioning to the point that I am now very comfortable using it.

Having said that, I do still use MG2 and/or the GP-10 for certain things dependant on workflow -- often in tandem with the Axe-Fx II. My rack is much smaller than your mighty tower of tech :)

Back
Top Bottom