MIDI Guitar 2 - Out of Beta and Bitchen

bradlake

Axe-Master
I have been a fan of this app since it was released a couple years ago..its been in beta more often than not, but the latest version is a final, and I highly recommend it. Ive had all manner of Midi Guitars (even the legendary Casio PG 380) and this tracks as well as any. The only drawback is no polyphonic pitch bend
but solos bend awesomely, and this can also be used as a very compact non-DAW app for hosting plugins and FX to add to the guitar and synth..throw in a scary accurate poly tuner and you got a pretty cool setup..check it out
www.jamorigin.comScreen Shot 2017-03-25 at 5.40.32 PM.jpg

I sent them an audio file during their beta work...it helped! :) ...mebbe
I never downloaded the official release? Oh boy...I got some work to do...thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I was able to play some bass lines in on my guitar, drop it an octave...throw Trillian at it...and darn if it didn't sound good!

Was going to pull the trigger on the 'Fishman - Triple Play'' setup. I need to work on some backing tracks for an upcoming new project and it would go so much faster if I could use my guitar instead of pecking away on my keyboard controller.

I will check this out.....Thanks

Anybody running this as a VST plugin with Cubase or PT? Is it Rewire compatible? Inquiring minds, etc......might just have to download that demo version.....

Can it be used as a MIDI source in to other MIDI instruments? Specifically VSTis? Answer: yes.

Anyone have any samples of its bass guitar sounds? I'd be interested in it if iI can get a decent bass guitar sound out of it.

Can it be used as a MIDI source in to other MIDI instruments? Specifically VSTis? Answer: yes.

Anyone have any samples of its bass guitar sounds? I'd be interested in it if iI can get a decent bass guitar sound out of it.
Ian, you can host ANY VST or AU plugin, within the program....or use it to control plugins in your DAW, I haven't worked at all with the new onboard sounds and Deep FX, but they seem promising.
S

Ian, you can host ANY VST or AU plugin, within the program....or use it to control plugins in your DAW, I haven't worked at all with the new onboard sounds and Deep FX, but they seem promising.
S
Cool. Downloading the demo. Probably going to melt my old iMac using it. :D

Anybody running this as a VST plugin with Cubase or PT? Is it Rewire compatible? Inquiring minds, etc......might just have to download that demo version.....

..Probly compatible with your dawS, but can also be used standalone and if u activate the Virtual MIDI, it will trigger VSTS in your daw.

Was going to pull the trigger on the 'Fishman - Triple Play'' setup. I need to work on some backing tracks for an upcoming new project and it would go so much faster if I could use my guitar instead of pecking away on my keyboard controller.

I will check this out.....Thanks
Yeah, I used triple play extensively, the advantages being able to map each string or fret region to different instruments, but in general, the. MIDI Guitar 2 UI and functionality makes it a winner...fIshmans proprietary software blows chunks.

I am seriously considering this:
https://www.rorguitars.com

I might be careful on that...looks gimmicky...I dunno...mebbe not.
But g o t d a m ...solve the performance issue first before you fascinate me with your light pad.
Forget frills, etc. just make it work as good as a simple keyboard...

I had a laugh on this blurb...
'Latency is a thing of the past. The Powerful 16MHz processor sends picked notes within 6.5 mili seconds."

HOLY SHITBALLS!!!!
ME WANT
Seriously, does anybody have any experience with these
I don't...they're in kangaroo land.
But I did send a few emails last year.
I know one person who lives close enough to these guys who works in the same company I work for.
They seem to be moving slow...I think recently they started sourcing guitar bodies from I dunno...warmoth ?

Guys -

I don't know if there's any interest, but I'm getting ready to sell my Godin LGX-SA and Roland GR-55 as a bundle for a decent price. I bought it thinking I would use it, but never did. Turns out I'm more simple minded when it comes to guitar. PM me and I'll shoot you the info.

Just tried the updated Midi guitar 2 app. Damn its good! Im impressed! It tracks almost perfect and with a right Gate setting you can get rid of junk ghost notes

Bought this last night. I have an instance of MIDI Guitar 2 and EZ Keys Piano both open in stand alone mode and EZ Keys is naming the guitar chords I play as well as showing their piano location. Sweet.

Having trouble figuring out how to record MIDI from my guitar into a Logic X track. Anyone with experience or ideas would be appreciated. Guitar is plugged into my Fractal and it's being used as the audio interface. I got it to record MIDI but it's also recording MIDI for the other other audio tracks in the project that are playing.

Kind of wanting to listen to Logic Tracks, track a MIDI guitar part for a bass guitar track.

When i want to use my guitar as a midi keyboard i just open midi guitar app and enable virtual midi output (click on 'Interface' then select Output - Virtual midi output). Then it is recognisez as a midi keyboard by Logic. You can then select any midi track and play your guitar as a midi keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom