Midi glitch?

guitardoc

Experienced
At the latest show I had the following problem (which I just verified at home):

- MFC is set at bank 0 (preset switching by up/down only)
- some presets have CPU far over 90% (which work flawlessly btw)
- when switching to these presets it takes quite some time before they are recalled and the preset name is shown in the MFC display (sometimes more than 2 seconds)
- when scrolling through the presets by keeping your foot on the up/down switch (and probably scrolling over one of these 'loaded' presets) leads to a very strange phenomenon:

The preset loads and works fine, but the pedals attached to the MFC do not work. The AF2 does not receive midi signals at all from the MFC (the midi input light does not react). Only calling an adjacent preset and going back remedies it.

This poses a problem - on stage where you do not see if the AF2 reacts properly to your midi gear you think everything works fine but when you morph from the acoustic to the lead sound and start the solo which you know will get you in the pants of this super hot bitch in the first row you end up with a pathetic look on your face and the hottie is admiring the bass player instead...

This poses a problem - on stage where you do not see if the AF2 reacts properly to your midi gear you think everything works fine but when you morph from the acoustic to the lead sound and start the solo which you know will get you in the pants of this super hot bitch in the first row you end up with a pathetic look on your face and the hottie is admiring the bass player instead...

LOL

The presets on themselves work fine - it is just in connection with the MFC.

However - turning total sync off did the trick! No more worries about pedals not reacting. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated!

Too early - had the same problem today (this time with another preset) even though having switched off total sync before.

I am a bit at a loss now...

Back
Top Bottom