MIDI external setup

Hello fellow Fractalians,

Hope one of you can help me with this issue. I am using a mcmillen midi controller.
Everything is set right for preset and scene changes Etc...
although I have one issue: I use some of the buttons as a way to trigger a drive and comp block . It works fine the only problem is that, when I load a preset , they are activated only when I press them.
the switches are assigned to External ( I Ve been trying to assign them to scene switch but I couldn’t Find a midi cc for that, which i can choose to automatically activate or not from the controls).
so how do I set that up for every scene when it comes to external ( or do you know how to control scene switch midi wise )

thank you so much.

Scene change is CC#34. I don't have a Softstep so I can't help with how to set it up.
That is configurable and 34 is the default for Axe Fx II and AX8 only. The Axe Fx III and FM3 have no default CC values... The OP didn't say what he's using.

Controlling Scene changes with midi requires sending a CC# with specific CC data values.

As mentioned above, the default CC# for older devices is 34, but the new ones you'll need to set it up (Midi/Remote global menu).

The CC# is for all scene changes. The CC data value sent determines which scene. The value to use is modulo 8... In simplest terms, the values 0-7 equate to scenes 1-8.

Some midi controllers don't allow specifying the data values for CCs. You'll need to check the documentation for your controller.

Thanks for your help, sorry for my English as it’s not my language.
my difficulty is not with scene changes, i figures that out, works like a charm.
i just would like to use 4 of my buttons on the midi controler as to trigger and shut off the drive (for exemple). I assigned the drive block (active/bypass) to external 5. it wourks fine when i press my controler. Problem is when i activate the drive, let’s say on scene 1 where it is originally desactivated, then i go to scene 2 and back to scene 1 , my drive is still active as i already pressed the controler.

My question is : is there a way to use the External in the block modifier just like the control switches on the modifier section ( that are programmable on every scene in the controller section) . Are they related to the modifiers on the controllers menu of the axe-edit?

hope i was clear.

thanks again for the help

Thanks for your help, sorry for my English as it’s not my language.
my difficulty is not with scene changes, i figures that out, works like a charm.
i just would like to use 4 of my buttons on the midi controler as to trigger and shut off the drive (for exemple). I assigned the drive block (active/bypass) to external 5. it wourks fine when i press my controler. Problem is when i activate the drive, let’s say on scene 1 where it is originally desactivated, then i go to scene 2 and back to scene 1 , my drive is still active as i already pressed the controler.

My question is : is there a way to use the External in the block modifier just like the control switches on the modifier section ( that are programmable on every scene in the controller section) . Are they related to the modifiers on the controllers menu of the axe-edit?

hope i was clear.

thanks again for the help
Unfortunately not... You need a Midi controller that "integrates" with the Axe Fx to stay in sync with those kind of changes.

Back
Top Bottom