Midi Cuestion

JH-2

Inspired
Hi Friends,

I have problems with midi pedal controller. I'm going crazy…..

As I can configure the button 0 of my pedalboard be preset 400 of Axe FX and button 1 presets 403 of Axe FX?

Thanks

Can you give us some more information about your setup (which footcontroller are you using)

You will have to use bank select command (cc#0)
See p 181 of the manual for reference.

If I understand correctly, you have to send out

CC#0 , value 3 (to select bank D).

Bank D will be the default bank untill you send another value for CC#0
(Bank A = value 0, Bank B = 1, Bank C = 2)

Then,
To select patch 400, send out Program Change #16
To select patch 403, send out Program Change #19

Because each bank only has 128 patches, the Program Changes don't correspond with the actual patch number. (400= 3x 128 + 16)
(Haven't tested this, as I don't use bank select commands myself)

Not sure what you mean. I don't know how to program your floorboard, because I don't know what you are using and how to set that up. If you have a link to the manufacturer website, I would be happy to take a look to see if I can find the manual and check.

Can your controller send out both Continous Controllers (CC's) and Program Changes?

Or probably a better question: are you familiar with the difference with Program Change (PC) and Continious Controller (CC) messages? If not, an easy "fix" would be to store your current patch 400 and 403 somewhere in the first 128 patches (Bank A).

For example,if you store them in slot 40 and 41, then you can have your floorboard send Program Change 40 and 41 to access them, and forget about the whole bank select command (CC#0)

Or press the two buttons on your controller, and see what patches they access - then save the presets you want to access to those 2 patch numbers. That gets rid of even trying to program the controller.

Back
Top Bottom