Midi controller except fc6 for axe fx 3

FAS FC series … They are plug-and-play and super powerful. Before the FC series were available, I know a lot of people were using an inexpensive MorningStar six button midi controller.

Last edited:
whatdo you think guys ? im waiting for my axe 3 this week
I have both the Morningstar MC8 and the Fractal FC6. I have programed the Morningstar to work similarly to the FC6.
The only advantage I would say the Morningstar has is it weights less and is smaller. And the major disadvantage is that it does not show pedal state on preset load.
This makes the FC6 is much much easier to use when playing live. So, I do not use the Morningstar much.

Check out my MX Midi Controllers: Different sizes for different needs. All using the same editor (windows/mac)

banner.jpg

Syncs with the Axe-Fx III/FM3: syncs preset name, scene name, active scene, FX block on/off state and active channel, tuner info, tempo, looper, ...

3 pages. 2 fully programmable, 1 fixed preset page.
All buttons have normal press and long press.
3 Expr. inputs.

For example, the MX-12 which has roughly the same size as the FC-6, but double amount of buttons and a very attractive price.

mx9-08.jpg

More info on www.voes.be

With the V-Box/M-Box you only need one cable going from stage to rack.

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 12
depens on budget and what features you want.....if you want all (scribble strips and almost any midi function you can imagine) and ready to pay more, i think there is nothing out there even coming close to RJM Mastermind.

The XSonic Airstep combined with a wireless dongle. I use the CME WIDI Master but the Yamaha BD something might fit better into the jacks. This lets you do switching with the FM3 or Axe-Fx 3 wirelessly. Works really great.

Huge RJM Mastermind GT fan I am. I use a GT16, most big kids use the GT22. Great functionality, superb support.

Slightly off-topic, but WIDI Master works great in tandem with my RJM GT/22 and iPad to switch songs in the BandHelper app. I run Midimttr on the iPad, never used the WIDI app.

Check out my MX Midi Controllers: Different sizes for different needs. All using the same editor (windows/mac)

View attachment 83915

Syncs with the Axe-Fx III/FM3: syncs preset name, scene name, active scene, FX block on/off state and active channel, tuner info, tempo, looper, ...

3 pages. 2 fully programmable, 1 fixed preset page.
All buttons have normal press and long press.
3 Expr. inputs.

For example, the MX-12 which has roughly the same size as the FC-6, but double amount of buttons and a very attractive price.

View attachment 83916

More info on www.voes.be

With the V-Box/M-Box you only need one cable going from stage to rack.

Price for the MX12?

FAS FC series … They are plug-and-play and super powerful. Before the FC series were available, I know a lot of people were using an inexpensive MorningStar six button midi controller.
rather depends what you need.

I play keys in one band - and the guitarist in that uses an AFX2 and MFC101. Hes not gone AFX3 yet because the FC is no good for the project.

The problem, is that he has all the lighting cues programmed in with patch/button/scene changes in the MFC.... and while you can do SOME of that via the AFX3, its a lot more limiting than the fully fledged MIDI controller the MFC is. The FC isnt a midi controller....its a floor extension to the AFX3 really.

On a personal level, Im having to use work arounds to do some things Id like to (that was easy on the MCF/AFX2) and have used all my controller buttons and still have functionality Id like but cant get. If you live in scenes, and solely want to control an AFX3 then the FC is brilliant. If you need more individual control that scenes or to integrate other hardware (not just lighting rigs) then its not a great solution. I completely get why its been designed as it has mind - for more its perfect - just not for all (always the case I guess)

rather depends what you need.

I play keys in one band - and the guitarist in that uses an AFX2 and MFC101. Hes not gone AFX3 yet because the FC is no good for the project.

The problem, is that he has all the lighting cues programmed in with patch/button/scene changes in the MFC.... and while you can do SOME of that via the AFX3, its a lot more limiting than the fully fledged MIDI controller the MFC is. The FC isnt a midi controller....its a floor extension to the AFX3 really.

On a personal level, Im having to use work arounds to do some things Id like to (that was easy on the MCF/AFX2) and have used all my controller buttons and still have functionality Id like but cant get. If you live in scenes, and solely want to control an AFX3 then the FC is brilliant. If you need more individual control that scenes or to integrate other hardware (not just lighting rigs) then its not a great solution. I completely get why its been designed as it has mind - for more its perfect - just not for all (always the case I guess)
Obviously.

I have both the Morningstar MC8 and the Fractal FC6. I have programed the Morningstar to work similarly to the FC6.
The only advantage I would say the Morningstar has is it weights less and is smaller. And the major disadvantage is that it does not show pedal state on preset load.
This makes the FC6 is much much easier to use when playing live. So, I do not use the Morningstar much.
That was basically my experience with the MC6. Even after days of programming there were things I couldn't do that the FC series do automatically.

I'm also a Mastermind GT guy. It does more than my imagination can ask of it. I only have the GT10 which is the smallest but I actually chose it because it is small. I'm also a singer so I don't have the luxury of looking down at the pedal. A lot of it for me is landmarking and feel but GT10 is as much or more than I need. Given that I can set up 16 different pages and assign just the functions I need for any given song it's perfect!!

Back
Top Bottom