Midi Commander Scene mode for Axe-Fx 3 Not working

I just purchase the Midi Commander and installed the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3"
I then turn it off and on but it's not doing any scene changes.
Is there anything else I need to do to it? It's already it AxeFx Mode.
I want buttons A,B,C and D to do scenes 1,2,3 and 4
The Up and Down buttons to do Preset up and down and the top buttons to turn effects on and off.
I though installing the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3" firmware would make it do that after installing it.
Any advise on getting this to work with my FM3?

I just purchase the Midi Commander and installed the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3"
I then turn it off and on but it's not doing any scene changes.
Is there anything else I need to do to it? It's already it AxeFx Mode.
I want buttons A,B,C and D to do scenes 1,2,3 and 4
The Up and Down buttons to do Preset up and down and the top buttons to turn effects on and off.
I though installing the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3" firmware would make it do that after installing it.

I don't have the Midi Commander; I am using a Voes MC5 Jr to change scenes. To get it working I did the following:

"On the FM3 set Scene Select to CC34. You can find this parameter under Setup - Midi/Remote - Other"

So you probably need to do similar, i.e. set the command number on the FM3 to match whatever CC the Midi Commander is outputting.

I don't have the Midi Commander; I am using a Voes MC5 Jr to change scenes. To get it working I did the following:

"On the FM3 set Scene Select to CC34. You can find this parameter under Setup - Midi/Remote - Other"

So you probably need to do similar, i.e. set the command number on the FM3 to match whatever CC the Midi Commander is outputting.
I'll give it a try...thanks!

... I want buttons A,B,C and D to do scenes 1,2,3 and 4

I had the Midi Commander as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any way to set it up the way you describe (which is exactly what I wanted as well).

In the updated AxeFx mode, you can only have scenes on the A,B,C,D,1,2,3. switches ... I believe it's set up with the tuner on switch 4 ... and as you describe, preset up and down on the far right switches. There is no way to customize this further.

I then attempted to use the customizable modes to do this, but could not find a way to select scenes, and the two switches on the right were locked in to bank up and down instead of preset +1 and -1. So the custom modes would not allow you to make that set up work either.

It's frustrating because it's a solid little unit, nicely designed, at a great price. Reading the online forums at MeloAudio, I found others have had exactly the same problem and have requested the ability to customize the Midi Commander as you and I both hoped, but no response at all from the company.

If they would allow custom modes to allow control of scenes and customization of the preset up and down switches, this would be a much more useful unit!

I forgot to add that if you want a much more flexible alternative that also comes with excellent company support, you should check out the Morningstar controllers. I bit more expensive, but you'll have the ability to customize them any number of ways to meet your needs today or if they change moving forward. If you haven't, you can search for Morningstar here and find some great information.

I returned the Midi Commander and will be ordering a Morningstar MC8 sometime soon.

I forgot to add that if you want a much more flexible alternative that also comes with excellent company support, you should check out the Morningstar controllers. I bit more expensive, but you'll have the ability to customize them any number of ways to meet your needs today or if they change moving forward. If you haven't, you can search for Morningstar here and find some great information.

I returned the Midi Commander and will be ordering a Morningstar MC8 sometime soon.
That's really bad new for me .. as I've just bought it :(

Not sure but maybe this will help: Leon seems to have a useful video for every occasion :)

I managed to get something out of it thanks...

So, in Cus2 Mode CC's are:

Key 1 cc# 80
Key 2 cc# 81
Key 3 cc# 82
Key 4 cc# 83

I am able to assign anything I want to 1,2,3 and 4 above

Although I've managed to get the CCs for the A, B, C and D buttons (bottom 4), whatever I assign them to something, they still just change presets

Here's the info below:

Key A cc# 102
Key B cc# 103
Key C cc# 104
Key D cc# 105

Any idea of when I cannot change A, B ,C and D to anything other than presets?

OK I've setup CUS2 like this and it works great...

CUS 2

Key 1 cc# 80 - RECORD
Key 2 cc# 81 - PLAY / STOP
Key 3 cc# 82 - UNDO / ERASE
Key 4 cc# 83 - TAP TEMPO

Key A cc# 102 - TUNER
Key B cc# 103 - SCENE DECREMENT
Key C cc# 104 - SCENE INCREMENT
Key D cc# 105 - FILTER

I still don't know how to change the up and down switches (Far Right)

Trying to figure that one one

Back
Top Bottom