Midi changes in Logic Pro X

Here's my situation...
I'm using an Axe-Fx 2 XL+.
My band has a collection of songs in Logic. Each song is in its own project. Each song has its own midi track for patch changes. What I was wondering is how to copy and paste a midi track into logic so that it will work the same in one project as it does in another? This is because when my band plays a show, we could like to be able to build a setlist and choose the songs we want to play and create one big project so that all we have to do is just hit "play" and go. I created a new project with all of the backing tracks and then copied the midi tracks from each of the individual projects (one project per song) into a new midi track for this big project, but the midi changes no longer worked. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm sure there's a way to do this... I'm just a logic n00b, so any help is appreciated.

For $30 more and some time labeling markers and exporting your audio tracks from Logic, you should get mainstage. You can then create sets for your songs, mix audio levels etc. and if you did use labels they will show in MS as well. It will also send the midi messages so that your patches change at the right places.

IIRC, in logic there is an import tool where you can select what to import from another project, I have used it before to similar effect as you are describing. It lets you select what tracks to copy over, including track markers, level changes etc.

Specifically:
File->Import-> Logic Projects

Hope this helps!

Here's my situation...
I'm using an Axe-Fx 2 XL+.
My band has a collection of songs in Logic. Each song is in its own project. Each song has its own midi track for patch changes. What I was wondering is how to copy and paste a midi track into logic so that it will work the same in one project as it does in another? This is because when my band plays a show, we could like to be able to build a setlist and choose the songs we want to play and create one big project so that all we have to do is just hit "play" and go. I created a new project with all of the backing tracks and then copied the midi tracks from each of the individual projects (one project per song) into a new midi track for this big project, but the midi changes no longer worked. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm sure there's a way to do this... I'm just a logic n00b, so any help is appreciated.

What happens if you just IMPORT the MIDI tracks? That's what I do. (File | Import).

Are you just trying to copy/paste the midi (which should work) or the actual track settings (which won't work).

I use Logic a lot but have never used it for this purpose. Do you just have the Axe set up as an external instrument and output straight to that or do you have something fancy going on in your track settings?

A mistake I often make is having my external instrument set to receive on only one midi channel, forgetting that my midi data is using a different channel!

Back
Top Bottom