MIDI CC to turn blocks off & on?

ninja9

Inspired
Hi all, just installed 1.06 Beta. Wondering if it should be possible to bypass blocks and then turn them back on again with just a MIDI CC message. I can only seem to turn them off, then the same message (because the value is 0?) has no effect.

Is this the intended functionality? I think I remember the AX8 working as I hoped.

Thanks

by default, a CC# expects a low number like 0 for off and a high number like 127 for on.

in the Setup menu, you can change the MIDI CC response to "Toggle" so if it receives the same Value, it will toggle off/on. this is not the default.

by default, a CC# expects a low number like 0 for off and a high number like 127 for on.

in the Setup menu, you can change the MIDI CC response to "Toggle" so if it receives the same Value, it will toggle off/on. this is not the default.

Cool, I didn't realize that was a new feature. That greatly simplifies my MIDI setup!

Should this work for the Tuner as well? I can turn the Tuner on but not off!

Is it new with 1.06?
No this has been here for a while.

Setup > Midi > General > Eff. Bypass Mode - choose between Value or Toggle. Value means send low for off and high for on, Toggle means send the same value only and it will toggle the current state.

i definitely prefer toggle.

Reactions: JTI
No this has been here for a while.

Setup > Midi > General > Eff. Bypass Mode - choose between Value or Toggle. Value means send low for off and high for on, Toggle means send the same value only and it will toggle the current state.

i definitely prefer toggle.
Got it thanks, love it. It doesn't work for Tuner though?

Should this work for the Tuner as well? I can turn the Tuner on but not off!
i think there's a bug when using the Tuner with MIDI CC#s, which i've reported. it should turn on and off by default. will report back when the bug is addressed.

Got it thanks, love it. It doesn't work for Tuner though?
can you try Public Beta 2 and see if this works now? sending the Tuner CC# with my MC6 engages and bypasses the Tuner now.

however, the switch MUST send a Toggle value, CC#30 value 0, and CC#30 value 127, for example. it can't send the same message over and over, as Tuner via MIDI doesn't respond to that Eff. Bypass Value or Toggle option.

it's possible this was always working, but the Tuner requires the Toggle of the 2 values, high and low.

Ok I have it working sending alternating values 0 and 127 thanks. It'd be a nice feature to have the FM3 take care of toggling to avoid getting out of sync with the FM3 and thus requiring a double tap, but that's not a priority. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom