MIDI cable hook-ups?

shufflemoomin

I have an Axe FX Ultra and I have a MIDI interface on my PC with MIDI In/Out. I have just bought the MFC-101 and I would like that connected to the AXE-FX and have the AXE-FX hooked up to the PC at the same time allowing me to use Axe-Edit. Is this possible with my current hardware by daisy chaining or something or will I need additional hardware?

Thanks for the info. Seems like an oversight in design that such steps are needed to use products together from the same company that are designed to be used together. You don't, by any chance, know if there's a MIDI merger available these days that doesn't need to be opened and modded to work properly, do you?

Thanks for the info. Seems like an oversight in design that such steps are needed to use products together from the same company that are designed to be used together. You don't, by any chance, know if there's a MIDI merger available these days that doesn't need to be opened and modded to work properly, do you?

I think back in the Standard/Ultra days the editor was never an "official" product, only Beta status, that might be the reason.

Anyway, with a disclaimer that my memory fails be but I think I remember using this one
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm

You don't need an actual MIDI merger if you have a 2-in, 2-out interface. Axe-Edit can perform the data merging. (Other software like MIDI-Ox or SendSX could do the merging before this feature was added to AE.) This would require using the MFC power adapter.

Some interfaces like the MidiSport 2x2 have a switch for "thru" mode, which allows using the controller when Axe-Edit (or alternative merging software) isn't running.

I'm a little confused now. I have an Audiobox iTwo as my audio interface. So, do I need additional hardware to be able to hook everything up?

Yes, you need to either add one MIDI I/O pair to your computer setup, or use one of the hardware merging solutions linked above.

I have a spare USB audio interface with MIDI in/out, but I'm not following how adding another two inputs to the system will solve my problem. Would you be so kind as to explain the actual cabling?

Back
Top Bottom