Wish MIDI block

spiderWAW

Inspired
2,3,4 MIDI blocks:

a) minimum - similar functions like in the FX8
b) the same as a) but not one PC / CC but few commands in the same time One FS = few MIDI commands at once
c) the same as b) + MMC (Start, Stop for drum machine, playback ect.)

Last edited:
I need this to control Boss SY-300 and Fishman Triple Play. I would like to hit button and send different PC on different chanels (FTP, SY, H9... ). In the same time I would like to send from AX8 some CC# (toogle and/or static value) for TriplePlay for example or use exp. pedal attached to AX8 in some preset as MIDI pedal only.

This deserves a bump. It really would be perfection if the AX8 added a tiny bit more outbound MIDI capability. Any of the following would be immensely helpful. I would prefer whichever option used the least CPU:
  • 1 or 2 MIDI footswitch block instances as seen on the FX8 (and similar in implementation to the CS1 and CS2 blocks)
  • One MIDI PC per preset in addition to the PC that fires on the default scene within the preset.
  • One MIDI CC per scene, in addition to the PC per scene. If we had this, I would use CC for scenes and the PC implementation as-is. I could then use the default scene PC as a de-facto per-preset MIDI PC.
I understand that the AX8 design did not include "MIDI controller" as a bullet point. This wishlist request would simply make the delineation between presets and scenes more useful within a MIDI control context. In my case, I would love to be able to control an external loop switcher per scene, but also send one (different) signal per preset (i.e., per song) to another device (whether that's Ableton, Mainstage, QLab, or maybe an external reverb). I've resisted adding a separate controller to my setup because the AX8 is a (rather large) 11-button footswitch on my board with a MIDI Out port, so I remain hopeful. =)

I also 2nd this. At the minimum I would like to be able to send Midi CC from the Axe8 for my VoiceLive 3.

This would be perfection.

I checked with support this week and it looks like this is not on the radar anywhere.

Hi Greg,

I am not aware of any plans to implement this feature. You could add it to the AX8 wishlist on our Fractal Forums
?

Mark

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 12712
Department: Support
Type: Issue
Priority: ---

Fractal Audio Systems Support Center: http://support.fractalaudio.com/index.php?

I'd like to be able to have an external pedal make the AX8 send CC messages. I used this on my stone old Boss GT8 to control my monitor level on the X32 via MIDI, with the AX8 I'm forced to have a tablet attached to my mic stand to do this (via unreliable WLAN connection). Obviously not a professional usage pattern, but I'd say the AX8 software design should factor in amateur users as well.

Back
Top Bottom