MIDI Block - Request to add Channels

GreatGreen

Power User
It would be really useful to have ABCD channels available in the MIDI block, and for the MIDI block to re-send commands each time its channel is changed.

With this capability, anybody who uses an external effect or amp with MIDI capability would then be able to use Scenes to control external effects patches or amp channels instead of having to change Axe-Fx patches. Or they'd be able to put the block itself directly on a footswitch and control it that way, without having to change patches each time they wanted to issue a MIDI command change.

Last edited:
You are mistaken in thinking that the Axe-Fx III needs to change presets to transmit MIDI. The block transmits when you change Scenes, which is, I think, what you're asking for. I did once design a "MIDI Footswitch Block" but this morphed into Control Switches on the FM3.

You are mistaken in thinking that the Axe-Fx III needs to change presets to transmit MIDI. The block transmits when you change Scenes, which is, I think, what you're asking for. I did once design a "MIDI Footswitch Block" but this morphed into Control Switches on the FM3.
I almost made a similar comment... But think about the additional amount of control you could have if the midi block did have channels. You could send additional midi commands without need of Control Switches or optionally without need a scene change.

It's part of what I was asking for, yes! Thanks for letting me know. However, I still think it would be useful to give channel functionality to the MIDI block. With it, you could operate in full "pedal board mode" seamlessly with external MIDI devices.

For people who play live a lot and regularly operate within a single Scene, flipping individual effects on and off, MIDI block channels could allow sending changes to external device without having to disrupt the rest of your effects' on/off and channel settings.

Well... Control Switch MIDI!!!
I agree with that. The way you implemented CS is just perfect because they can combine internal action + midi command AND we can store their state on a scene basis. I have to say you did it beautifully !
But... we have only 6 of them, and if we want to use CS to do some stuff in the Axe internally, it leaves almost no room for CS midi.
I personally believe that adding more CS would be a valid (and the best) answer to a lot of requests about more midi control that I have seen around.

Back
Top Bottom