MIDI block disables scene Program Changes...is this normal?

When I insert a MIDI block into a preset, it disables all my scene-based Program Changes. This happens whether the MIDI block is bypassed or active. As soon as I delete the MIDI block, my scene program changes work properly. Is this normal behavior? If so, it's a bummer...it would really be nice to handle program changes with scenes and CC's via the MIDI blocks.

When I insert a MIDI block into a preset, it disables all my scene-based Program Changes. This happens whether the MIDI block is bypassed or active. As soon as I delete the MIDI block, my scene program changes work properly. Is this normal behavior? If so, it's a bummer...it would really be nice to handle program changes with scenes and CC's via the MIDI blocks.

I am trying to understand specifically what is not working. The presence of the MIDI block will override any MIDI commands setup for scenes. But all other scene changes, such as X/Y and Bypass should be unaffected. Can you please be more specific?

I think you nailed it, Joe. The OP's per-scene program changes (PCs) are overridden by the MIDI block.

The presence of the MIDI block will override any MIDI commands setup for scenes.

This is exactly the issue. If, for instance, I set up Scene 1 to send program change #10 and Scene 2 to send program change #11, it works fine unless I insert a MIDI block (for example to send CC #'s). With the MIDI block inserted, all scene-based program changes are disabled.

OK, now that I understand that this is expected behavior, is it possible to change it? I'm using the FX8 in conjunction with my Axe-FX II, and it would be REALLY nice to be able to use both scenes (for program changes) and MIDI blocks (for CC's).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom