Fixed MIDI Block, buggy block library recall

ALASKA POLLOCK

I’m using my FM3 to control a G-Lab MIDI 4X Loop to switch on/off three drive pedals and one compressor in front of the FM3. That way I can create scenes including some of my analog mojo.

I saved eight different Program Change values in the MIDI Block block library with names corresponding to which pedals/loops turn on.

When I save a scene - for example scene 1 - and I copy that scene to scene 2, the MIDI block settings are not copied. When I choose one of my saved settings from the block library instead, the settings are not loaded. Sometimes no MIDI commands are loaded, and strangely enough, sometimes an old series of Midi commands that corresponds to a setting I saved in the block library one month ago but I deleted the same day are loaded instead. It doesn’t matter which settings from the block library I’m trying to recall: instead of loading the corresponding Program Change, it’s loading either no settings or the settings from an already deleted block library file.

To make things a little weirder: In scene 1 recalling the Midi block settings from the block library does work. So the problem seems to exist only in the copies of scenes with a copy of the initial Midi block. Which is a PITA, as that is exactly the way I want to create my scenes: create the starting sound for a song, copy the scene, turn on/off some blocks and change the Midi block setting to select which analog pedals need to be on.

When I create a new scene in a new preset, the Midi Block library works as expected, but when it’s a copied scene including a Midi Block, it doesn’t recall anything. Even when I delete the buggy Midi block from a scene and insert a new one, the same behaviour is found.

I really can’t wrap my head around this, especially how it’s possible that sometimes already deleted settings are loaded. Maybe I’m overlooking something, but it feels pretty buggy to me.

Are there people with a similar setup (with a Morningstar switcher for example) with a similar experience?

EDIT: Firmware 1.05 FM3-Edit v1.01.09

We have it on the schedule but have other things ahead of it. We will try to get it in, of course. When investigated, it looked like it was just a bug with the scene copy function on the MIDI block (including the odd recall you experienced). Was there more to it?

@ALASKA POLLOCK

I Have the same problems with PC switching with my Digitech Whammy 5!
Under Scene 1 i saved some differend PC-Events as Presets. I can load them back under the same Scene but not with a different Scene! So this nice Library Function is momentary useless!

Because of firmware 3.02:

"Fixed: “COPY SCENE” and “SWAP SCENE” now correctly copy or swap scene data in the Scene MIDI block and Control Switch “Per Scene” settings."

Servus @yek, thanks for your answer. You are right, copying a Scene with a MIDI Block works. But my Problem is the recaling of Presets from the Library.
Same As @ALASKA POLLOCK described in his first Message:

"...When I choose one of my saved settings from the block library instead, the settings are not loaded. Sometimes no MIDI commands are loaded, and strangely enough, sometimes an old series of Midi commands that corresponds to a setting I saved in the block library one month ago but I deleted the same day are loaded instead.."

So it depends in which Scene i saved a preset to the library - if i open it in the same scene in the same FM3 Preset, i can load it but not in a different one!
e.g.: MIDI Preset saved in Preset 23-Scene 3 will open in this one but not to e.g. Preset 23-Scene 1 or Preset 7-Scene 3!
When i go to a different FM3 Preset with a MIDI Block, the Library Presets load with wrong Values or nothing.

Back
Top Bottom