Midi and the axe fx 3

bournedyl37

First Post, so apologies if the format is weird or if this is a dumb question.

I have the Axe fx 3 mk ii and i am loving it, its leveled up my tone massively and its relatively painless to use.

Lately I have been messing with analog synths and I recently purchased the Moog Mother 32, which only has a midi in cable input. Since the Axe Fx has midi in, out, and thru I figured that as my main interface I could just send the Midi from my DAW to Midi out on the axe fx and then it go to the synth, and that could get routed back in through input 1.

But for some reason that isnt working. everything looks good in the DAW, I can send midi over USB to my Korg Minilogue XD just fine, so I figured sending midi over USB to the axe fx would send it to the out or thru port, but idk.

have you guys had this issue or have any suggestions on what I should do to make it work?

Unfortunately not. The AxeFX II had the ability to route midi in from usb to the din midi thru, but not the AxeFX III. It’s an oft-requested feature, so maybe it will appear some day.

In the meantime, just get one of those midi cables with usb at one end and din at the other. Connect it to the AxeFX midi in port and send your Mother32 midi to that midi port in your DAW. Or for that matter, just connect it to the Mother32.

A 2x2 interface or 2x2 USB like the midi sport could solve that by just deriving your midi to axe fx iii. Used to do that with axe fx 2 to solve a midi through problem.

that really sucks. makes me wish i got a scarlett 4i4 instead of a 2i2 LOL
Maybe I didn't explain it properly? Instead of using a cable from your Axe-FX to your Mother32, use a cable from your computer to your Mother32. It's the same number of cables either way.

Back
Top Bottom