MIDI and Modifiers, Argghh!

Mr.Modeler

Inspired
Am sending CC#6 to turn the amp Input Boost On and Off. Have set the modifier for the Input Boost to External 5. Have set External 5 to CC #6 in the MIDI / Remote menu.

Nothing happens. I know the CC #6 is being seen by the FM3.

What am I missing? It's driving me nuts. Have read what I could find but it hasn't helped.

How do you know it's being received?

If you set Input Boost directly to CC#6 to see if that works?

Because I used the Learn mode to set the CC# in the External Control assign. When I pressed the switch the value changed from none to 6. I tried setting the Input Boost directly to 6 but that didn't work either.

That is the part I think I'm missing. I didn't see a setting to toggle the value like there was for bypassing effects. I must be missing MIDI commands being sent by the MC6, right?
Yes... Typically these are referred to as IA (instant access) switches. They are normally sending 0 (off) and 127 (on) although technically off is 0-63 and on its 64-127.

Many midi controllers don't allow specifying the data value and send only 0/127.

Anyway, no experience with the MC6... I would think you have options to specify midi CC number, midi CC value and midi Channel.

Yes... Typically these are referred to as IA (instant access) switches. They are normally sending 0 (off) and 127 (on) although technically off is 0-63 and on its 64-127.

Many midi controllers don't allow specifying the data value and send only 0/127.

Anyway, no experience with the MC6... I would think you have options to specify midi CC number, midi CC value and midi Channel.
Yes, I can configure all those commands. Would I set the CC value to 0-63 to try to turn it on to see if that works? I'l try that. Hang on. Doing this between cooking pancakes lol.

Do you happen to have a midi to USB adapter? You can use a midi monitor like Midi OX to see what the MC6 is sending...

Do you happen to have a midi to USB adapter? You can use a midi monitor like Midi OX to see what the MC6 is sending...
Yes but I'm confident it's sending the right data. It works with everything else except the modifier stuff. Here's the screen of what of what it's doing.

1609896374812.png

Ok, some progress. Maybe. The Input Boost is now stuck in the On position lol. Guess I'll need a separate MIDI command to turn it off? No way to toggle it On/Off with each press of the switch on the MIDI controller? Gotta go cook some more pancakes......

The switch has to alternate values between 0 & 127. The MC6 manual probably has a section about toggling CC values like this somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom