Mid Resonance (SPKR)

Narzugon

Power User
I have been working on a (virtual) Friedman BE for a week or more. I have it pretty dialed in with my studio monitors now(A7's). To further my exploration I decided to run through a pair of QSC HPR122i's. I knew they were going to sound different but I was surprised to hear less breakup. Almost as if the breakup was being compressed?

At any rate I ran down the Amp's Speaker page starting with Scott P's suggested starting points and tweaked for a while. After some time I started re-reading the manual per setting to try and fully understand each one and ran across this:

MID RESONANCE, MID RES FREQ, MID RES Q – While most speakers don’t have a third resonance,
this parameter allows you to fine-tune the edge-of-breakup profile for “hyper-realistic” tones. For authentic
response, set MID RES flat (0.00).

I set the Mid Res to 0 and got the breakup back. I was thrilled that this solved the problem and I learned something in the process. But has anyone experienced a FRFR cleaning up the sound in this fashion?

I've been recording sample tracks along the way making notes of settings so I can go back tomorrow with fresh ears. I recorded a track with it set to 0 to see how different it will sound with the A7's now.

I have a pair of HPRs...I love them tried lots of different speakers intereseted in your comparisons...I have to dial out a lot of bottom end in the bass section and in the cab block but superb. slightly compressed sound but I quite like that do you have the speakers switched into monitor mode?

any info or comparison info would be very interesting..

Back
Top Bottom