Microphones for recording

Yzaviv

Hey guys,

How many microphones can i connect to the Axe Fx II ?

Im using a Marshall 4x12 & Matrix FR212 with two different power amp both connected to the

Axe Fx II (Output 1 - stereo & Output 2 - mono) and running simultaneously, the sound is so awesome

so i really wanted to try and record it all together at the same time.

So how many can i connect at the same time & How?

Thanks!!

Are you possibly thinking about tone matching to have the full chain represented to the recording device?

I'm trying to record my playing, no tone matching.

I am so satisfied from my sound, again using 2 power amps marshall el84 20/20 & Mesa mark V(return) ..

Marshall el84 ~> output 1 (stereo L+R) ~> Marshall 4x12 1960AV

Mesa mark V ~> output 2 (mono L) ~> Matrix FR212

This chain all together sound incredible awesome and I want to record my playing from 4x12 & 2x12 at the same time, all this without using external sound card, can use the axe for this type of recording ( no direct recording) just using external mics ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking a bit of a guess here but let me clarify you need first..

You use the Axe Fx for pre amp and fx, and you output that to a pair of real cabs via two different tube power amps (a stereo pair via output 1, and mono via the effects loop/output 2)..

I don't think it is possible to use the configuration and record back into the Axe Fx.. Here is why; how I understand it the USB audio output to your computer/DAW is a copy of output 1...

Looks like your might be running a W/D/W rig - effects on the stereo and dry with the mono!?

You could possibly run a stereo or W/D rig via the loop/output 2 (with some fancy routing), and use a pair of mics on those cabs, connect them to a pair of pre amps, run those pre amps back into input 2 on the Axe Fx, and record that to your computer/DAW..

Alternatively you could grab a USB sound card with for a couple of hundred €/$...

Cheers,

I am so satisfied from my sound, again using 2 power amps marshall el84 20/20 & Mesa mark V(return) ..

This chain all together sound incredible awesome and I want to record my playing from 4x12 & 2x12 at the same time, all this without using external sound card, can use the axe for this type of recording ( no direct recording) just using external mics ?

Thanks

No, you need an external audio interface. Plenty of affordable options with several mic premaps built into them. I personally like the Komplete Audio 6 for a nice unit with 6 good mic pre's at $200, though Focusrite etc make good stuff too.

I use this configuration and it works great...

Output of Axe FX out1 quarter inch jacks into 2 inputs on Tascam Us1800... Which costs less than 200 bucks and I have mics connected to the Us1800... All into a daw and u can record up to 16 independent tracks...via a single USB

When u don't want to record, just turn a knob on the tascam box to monitor... And use a speaker on the monitor port...

If for some reason u wanna mic up the speakers use as many mics into the tascam box... The thing has 16 inputs... Serves great for my basement jam sessions...

If you want vocals to be recorded u need a small computer interface or mixer with USB out or something like tascam... Which sits in the rack...

Hope this helps

Thanks

If you don't want to use a DAW or "sound card" and go "old school", then just through some SM57's in front of the cabinets into whatever recording with (provided you are using some sort of mixer with proper impedance for SM57's).

If that is your preferred method of recording... obviously others will argue go "line-direct" for good reason, but do whatever you want if it makes you happy.

Back
Top Bottom