Mic Preferences

Mic preference?

• Total voters
Im using the QSC exclusively with my Ultra.

I really havent used the mics too much. Almost all my patches are "null mic". Ive found the only mic that I do use on a few patches when splitting cabs would be the R121. It seems to add a bit of "BEEF" to the bottom end without added mudd. For the most part, no mics. None of my go-to patches use mics. That is all pre-6.0.

Now all my cabs are single Hi-res. I may try & revisit the mics after hearing that they seem to have more of a sonic effect post 6.0.

I actually started chaging mine around a bit since reading this thred. One thing I notice in my set up is the R121 is much louder than the other models and causes clipping. How do I turn down that mics level to keep from clipping?
and it does sound pretty beefy.

dockorey said:
I actually started chaging mine around a bit since reading this thred. One thing I notice in my set up is the R121 is much louder than the other models and causes clipping. How do I turn down that mics level to keep from clipping?
and it does sound pretty beefy.

Turn down the cab level.

Looks like no love for the 421 DYN. It received a goose egg in the ranks. Maybe we can get it replaced with something else.
Any suggestions? (i know there is a wish list but it would probley get lost in the shuffle in that topic area)

DaveP said:
Looks like no love for the 421 DYN. It received a goose egg in the ranks. Maybe we can get it replaced with something else.
Any suggestions? (i know there is a wish list but it would probley get lost in the shuffle in that topic area)

421 is a great guitar mic. I have a real one. It is one of my favoites. For some reason, I just don't care for the sound of the one in the Axe-fx. But, just because no here responded that they use it, doesn't mean it getting used. I'd be annoyed if someone pulled a mic I was using on my presets. I think they days of getting things pulled are over at this stage of the Axe-fx's development.

javajunkie said:
DaveP said:

421 is a great guitar mic. I have a real one. It is one of my favoites. For some reason, I just don't care for the sound of the one in the Axe-fx. But, just because no here responded that they use it, doesn't mean it getting used. I'd be annoyed if someone pulled a mic I was using on my presets. I think they days of getting things pulled are over at this stage of the Axe-fx's development.

True, not everyone that owns a Axe takes a poll, plus if I used it and someone pulled it based on that I would be a little upset. Variety is the spice and this unit offers a little (alot) for everyone. Cheers!

javajunkie said:
DaveP said:

+1

I've used real 421s plenty of times in the studio. Years ago I was in a band that had a Sennheiser deal and when we were in the studio they literally swamped us with mics. They send over a whole flightcase with every mic they ever built and not just one of them :lol: . The 421 always sounded good on clean amps. A real Twin with a 421 is really cool actually.

With the hires cabs I started to use a lot more different ones than before. The sounds I recently worked on didn't require a 421, but I'm sure I'll try it sooner or later.

weird

i loved the 121 the very first time i played the axe
tried using the 121 again last night and couldn't stand it
turned my tone to mushy mud :?

then flipped over to the 609 and instantly got that crunchy sound that i like

Back
Top Bottom