MFCIII Display flickers

ianx

Experienced
I have an MFCIII and I noticed lately that the display flickers/goes dim, periodically. Connected to AFXII MkI via FASLINK. Anybody else seeing this happen? Any ideas for a fix.

Yes it happens to me often. Flickers here and there. For me it's where I live. The lights flickers often in my condo so bad electricity. Didn't think much of it.

Update: Last month the display was blank on boot (backlight was working), I re-seated the ribbon cable & everything was normal (no flickering), now this weekend the flickering has returned. Is the display defective?

Im assuming you meant the ethernet cable? Sounds kinda like the connector on the cable is dirty or wires lose inside.

It could be the ribbon again or the display, but I would try a high quality xlr cable first. I had some trouble one time with mine flickering with a brand new cable. tried another one and problem was solved.

It could be the ribbon again or the display, but I would try a high quality xlr cable first. I had some trouble one time with mine flickering with a brand new cable. tried another one and problem was solved.
thanx for the tip, I'll try another xlr tonite.

Back
Top Bottom