MFC24 USB MIDI Controller Built

SHIFT838

Since I have been using recording software on my PC I have always wanted to be able to control the software via a footswitch to be able to record, play, stop, remove item, arm track, etc. I literally hate using the mouse.

I started pursuing a path to develop my own DIY USB MIDI Foot Controller to control my recording software. My first version turned out very well, but I wanted a few other options. The original could accommodate 8 foot switches only and would do both Note and MIDI Control Codes.

Well, I never used the Note mode so I decided to streamline the code and remove it. Now the new version MFC-22 now supports up to 24 switches and only issues out MIDI CC codes, it also has a OLED to display what code is transmitting out the USB port.

It is compatible with PC and MAC.

I will be offering it in 2 or 3 different packages.

1. A DIY that comes with the Micro-Controller (pre-programmed and tested), MFC-22 printed circuit board. User will need to assemble the board components to mount MicroController to PCB. OLED and OLED Cable Assembly,USB Power cable or Bezel not included. User will need to purchase separately from anyone.
  2. A DIY with Micro-Controller (pre-programmed and tested), MFC-22 Circuit board, OLED with cable and bezel, USB Panel Mount power cable
  3. A DIY like #2 but the PCB has been assembled.
  4. (not sure on this one yet) Maybe a full unit ready to go. Only labels on a production model for the foot switches would be numbers 1 to 8. This would be so that a user can decide which foot switch he wants to do what and just remember the numbers or pint his own labels.
I like options 1,2 and 3 better as a user can decide how many switches they want and what type of enclosure to put it in. So options 1,2 and 3 are more customizable.

I'll be posting more information on my website under a new area called 838 Audio.

http://shift838.99er.net

Attachments

• MFC-22_1B.jpg
    MFC-22_1B.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 54
  • MFC-22_1C.jpg
    MFC-22_1C.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 44
  • MFC-22_2.jpg
    MFC-22_2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 38
Back