MFC101 Randomly effects volume of Ultra when using foot controller for WAH

jsletner

Experienced
I recently upgraded my MFC101 to the latest firmware 1.0.

It seems to be behaving as advertised (great), except for one thing, hence this post.

On my Axe Fx Ultra I use External1 ctrl#18 for WAH, External2 Ctrl#17 for Volume pedals.

On my MFC101 I have XP1 set to #17 and XP2 set to #18. I know these are reversed and its because my previous foot controller was setup that way and I’m too lazy to reverse it.

All was good until the Firmware upgrade. Now when I use XP2 for WAH anywhere from instantly to a minute later it will change something on the Ultra and my volume will drop significantly. Once this happens all patches are affected and the only cure is a reboot of the Axe. Immediately after it happens I’ve checked every parameter I can think of and it all seems normal. Even a patch that is all shunts will be affected.

Here are some clues for any experts out there. When it happens the “EDITED” light comes on on the Axe, indicating some kind of a change, as opposed to just the “MIDI” light blinking when using the WAH. My other clue which makes me believe it has to be the MFC101 is that I changed XP3 to #18, XP2 to Off and plugged my foot controller into the number 3 plug and it works fine with no glitches.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? If so how did you fix it.

Back
Top Bottom