MFC101 pics!!!

It really is a joke at this point. Way overdue and now it feels like we (ones who are on the wait list) are being neglected. There really is no excuse. Hire some help - get it done. There are plenty of techno-nerds out of work that could use the job designing and building floorboards for fractal.

I'm not going to be upset about it just yet. I'm disappointed for sure, I want to give Cliff more of my money, and I want his controller. But, this is a smaller upstart company that is probably growing more quickly than Cliff probably anticipated. As much as I check this forum daily for an update on this controller and want one desperately, I still can't really get mad. I'm too grateful to Cliff for giving the AXE FX to the guitar world. It would be nice if they gave us more info on when the new anticipated release might be, but all the good I've gotten from this company trumps this.

I'm disappointed about the lack of updates on the floor controller & waiting list (and will most likely have to buy something else soon), but I can't get mad about it.

Back in August 2008, I bought a used Rocktron All Access (about $450) just to tide me over until Fractal Audio starts shipping the MFC101.

When the MFC101 ships, then I'll be passing the All Access on to it's next owner. :)

xrist04 said:
Back in August 2008, I bought a used Rocktron All Access (about $450) just to tide me over until Fractal Audio starts shipping the MFC101.

When the MFC101 ships, then I'll be passing the All Access on to it's next owner. :)

I did the same here (AllAccess has been OK except I really miss a built in tuner). I was excited when Fractal told me they were shooting for XMas 08, than I was still excited when they told me Jan 09. I still want the thing ....

spakuloid said:
It really is a joke at this point. Way overdue and now it feels like we (ones who are on the wait list) are being neglected. There really is no excuse. Hire some help - get it done. There are plenty of techno-nerds out of work that could use the job designing and building floorboards for fractal.

Have you paid money for the MFC101 yet? I would imagine not. If Cliff had taken people's money and then these kinds of delays were happening, I could definitely understand people getting shitty. But as far as I know, the "waiting list" is just a list, you haven't pre-ordered it and put your money down. So I would kindly suggest that you drop this sense of entitlement you're throwing around. If Cliff wants to do all the design work himself to ensure it's as good as it should be (or for whatever other reason), then that's what he'll do and you'll just have to wait. If you're not happy about it, go buy one of the other products out there designed by one of the many "techo-nerds" out there. Up to you to weigh up what's important to you. There are plenty of good units out there now... or there's the one that'll be designed by the Axe man himself, to be finished some time in the future. As much as we're all waiting for it, Cliff doesn't really owe us shit in getting this thing out there. We get top notch support on the Axe as it is, and it's up to him how he wants to prioritise his product development.

I've no problem with the waiting for this thing (I'm used to waiting for FAS products ;) ).
Cliff never announced a definitive date and I think he/they better invest time and work that is needed.
Experiencing the quality of and support for the AFx I'm sure Cliff will do his best (like always) and the MFC will be great.

But here's what I dislike: when I waited 10 months for my Ultra, I knew the product in and out, at least regarding the features.
The MFC is rather a blank page to me, so I don't know (detailed enough) what I'm waiting for.
Yes, dimensions, number of switches, tuner function, song mode, but honestly, those features are a must, nothing special or surprising.
What I need to make my decision is detailed information about the programmability: how much presets/banks/songs? how many and which
midi messages per switch? etc.

Waiting is easy at the moment because I've no money for either controller, but if I had the money, I'd be a Gordius customer by now.

Seb

Sebastian said:
But here's what I dislike: when I waited 10 months for my Ultra, I knew the product in and out, at least regarding the features.
Seb

Yes. But to be fair at the point you ordered the Ultra it was a unit that existed. It was in production and backordered. The MFC-101 doesn't exist yet. The only thing that exists as far as I know is a CAD/CAM picture that was posted early in this thread.

I don't want to call anybody out but when I read that somebody missed having a built in tuner I chuckled out loud. How can one miss something that you never had? There isn't one controller on the market that has a built in tuner that works with the Axe-FX.

mworkman said:
Sebastian said:
Seb

Yes. But to be fair at the point you ordered the Ultra it was a unit that existed. It was in production and backordered. The MFC-101 doesn't exist yet. The only thing that exists as far as I know is a CAD/CAM picture that was posted early in this thread.

I don't want to call anybody out but when I read that somebody missed having a built in tuner I chuckled out loud. How can one miss something that you never had? There isn't one controller on the market that has a built in tuner that works with the Axe-FX.

+1

Cliff could have kept this quiet right up until it was ready. No doubt with the (somewhat inevitable) quality of the product and support, and any additional features that aren't supported by other units (like tuner compatibility), the thing would still have sold this way. People'd be offloading their controllers to jump on board anyway. At least this way we know something is coming out at some point. I'd have gone and bought an FX-1 or something if I didn't know about this, but for now I'll just manage with some cheapo little unit in the meantime.

You're a on a freakin' waiting list... so WAIT damn it! :lol:

DNW said:
mworkman said:
Sebastian said:
Seb

+1

Cliff could have kept this quiet right up until it was ready. No doubt with the (somewhat inevitable) quality of the product and support, and any additional features that aren't supported by other units (like tuner compatibility), the thing would still have sold this way. People'd be offloading their controllers to jump on board anyway. At least this way we know something is coming out at some point. I'd have gone and bought an FX-1 or something if I didn't know about this, but for now I'll just manage with some cheapo little unit in the meantime.

You're a on a freakin' waiting list... so WAIT damn it! :lol:

It is what it is. I got on the waiting list for the controller before I got my Ultra that would been back around January of 08 about a year ago. It will get here when it get's here. Cliff must feel like we're a bunch of kids sitting in the back seat of the car saying, "are we there yet" :lol:

mworkman said:
Sebastian said:
Seb

If that is the only thing in existence it would be really bad :? The last thing I "heard" was that the MFC should be ready at the end of january.
I don't really care if it will or won't, but I'd expect FAS to have at least several prototypes existing and by the time it's about getting rid of bugs and working out
the small things. Specs like 'max number of presets/banks/songs' and available midi messages should be firm by now, so I'm not asking questions impossible to answer.
BTW, I surely won't base my buying decision on a tuner function alone.

To make it clear: I don't mind the waiting (as I wrote, I'm used to it :p ), it takes the time it needs. But I'd like to have more in depth information about what the MFC
will be capable of - so that I know what I'm waiting for and can decide if it's worth the wait or not. - no harm done to anyone, everything cool.

Seb

mworkman said:

There are plenty of footcontrollers that display the tuner for other products than the Axe-fx that people may have used in the past.

S.R.

srooijens said:
mworkman said:

There are plenty of footcontrollers that display the tuner for other products than the Axe-fx that people may have used in the past.

S.R.

You know I had typed up a response and then got some error when I posted and I lost the text. I don't feel like typing the whole thing out.

Yes, you are right there are other combinations of products that have that feature and if the person was using one of those combinations you would be correct they could very easily miss that functionality when moving to an Axe-FX based rig. But if they weren't, which was my interpretation of the statement, then I find the "missing" comment to be funny.

My issue is that i've been holding out for quite some time, hoping for this to come out so I can buy the Ultra and the MFC101, saving setup aggravation and an inevitable buy/sell of some other foot-controller.

mworkman said:
srooijens said:
mworkman said:

S.R.

You know I had typed up a response and then got some error when I posted and I lost the text. I don't feel like typing the whole thing out.

Yes, you are right there are other combinations of products that have that feature and if the person was using one of those combinations you would be correct they could very easily miss that functionality when moving to an Axe-FX based rig. But if they weren't, which was my interpretation of the statement, then I find the "missing" comment to be funny.

My last two foot solutions had tuners on the floor. I currently miss that feature ....

m lebofsky said:
mworkman said:
srooijens said:

S.R.

My last two foot solutions had tuners on the floor. I currently miss that feature ....

Not so funny then.

* BUMP *

...For the sake of keeping the dream alive. Maybe someday.

:|

* Eyelid twitches while he resists the temptation to buy a Liquid Foot * :?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom