MFC101 pics!!!

Just an FYI.
No response from 2 weeks ago asking if January was still a realistic delivery month ...
And please, no one say "be patient".
This is simply an FYI ....

Be patient. Wait till Monday (29th) and then send again.

They are busy people! (Prolly even taking a much needed break)

Anyone know if this is going to be a full midi-controller, versus something specifically for the Axe-FX? will it be able to control other things as well (like an effects loop/amp channel midi switcher)?

I have a question about the foot controller.

Are all of the switches completely assignable? I'm pretty much set on getting the Liquid-Foot because it's possible to have up to 12 patch changes on a single bank (bottom two rows of 6 buttons each) and have the remaining switches used for CC.

However, if I could assign the top three buttons on the Fractal MIDI controller to UP, DOWN, and SHIFT, and have the bottom two rows for patch changes and the third row for CC, I'd by the Fractal controller in a second.

Is there any news on the MFC101?
Are the specs still the same?
I think a lot of people are waiting for it to be released.
But since the release date has been set back for more than 4 months already, I don't think everyone will wait for another four months.

BTW can anyone explain what the difference between the MFC101 and the Liquid Foot is?

And besides the size and the tuner....
Is the Liquid Pro more difficult to program?
Will the MFC101 communicate with the Axe-Fx like the FBV's to the Line 6 thingamajigs or will we have to program it the same way as the Liquid Foot?

MisterE said:
And besides the size and the tuner....
Is the Liquid Pro more difficult to program?
Will the MFC101 communicate with the Axe-Fx like the FBV's to the Line 6 thingamajigs or will we have to program it the same way as the Liquid Foot?
Simply too early to speculate on the extent of the MFC's capabilities, but I do believe that *both* the LF and the MFC are able to or will be able to communicate with the Axe-Fx in a way similar to L6's FBVs.

Programming difficulty, I'm pretty sure, would correspond directly with the complexity of your programming goals. Want to do something complex? It'll probably be more difficult to program. :)
I say that not (entirely ;)) to be sarcastic, but because there *is* a pretty easy method to program your LF with your Axe-Fx, as presented in the LF's videos (check the LF site for more info), but it doesn't have all the complexity that some users might want.

(and both will likely have an Axe-Fx-integrated tuner)

All I can say is that I am dying for it and haven't heard even a whisper about it for months. So... dunno. All Access is doing fine, but damn I've had a few times where I would have given a million dollars to tune silently on the fly.... sigh.

Scott Peterson said:
All I can say is that I am dying for it and haven't heard even a whisper about it for months. So... dunno. All Access is doing fine, but damn I've had a few times where I would have given a million dollars to tune silently on the fly.... sigh.

I hear that Scott.

Having the Axe tuner back down by my feet will be so liberating!!

GreatGreen said:
I have a question about the foot controller.

Are all of the switches completely assignable? I'm pretty much set on getting the Liquid-Foot because it's possible to have up to 12 patch changes on a single bank (bottom two rows of 6 buttons each) and have the remaining switches used for CC.

However, if I could assign the top three buttons on the Fractal MIDI controller to UP, DOWN, and SHIFT, and have the bottom two rows for patch changes and the third row for CC, I'd by the Fractal controller in a second.

Just another option to consider is the Gordius LG. It can give you up to 24 assignable buttons. Either AI or CC, plus up and down buttons. I Have a rack that is only 14" deep and I can put The LG and an Ernie all Jr Volume pedal in a 3 space drawer with room left over :D

Just another option

Jim

Scott Peterson said:
+1! However, I don't have a million dollars... ;)

mister.friendly said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":32q84w2d]All I can say is that I am dying for it and haven't heard even a whisper about it for months. So... dunno. All Access is doing fine, but damn I've had a few times where I would have given a million dollars to tune silently on the fly.... sigh.
+1! However, I don't have a million dollars... ;)[/quote:32q84w2d]

Sadly, neither do I. Neither do I. Sigh.

I'm starting to get a little concerned about the silence. When you consider that Cliff reads all of these boards and is not shy about chiming in to keep customers interested / happy / informed with most things, his silence says something to me.

I almost get the feeling that the lack of news is bad news. I worry that it's going to be a long time (if ever) and he's afraid to create some level of mass disappointment. This might explain why we've heard nothing in a long time and some people have had no response to specific questions asked to Fractal about it.

I hope I'm wrong.

As I just said in another thread on another page in these forums, I'm eagerly awaiting information about this Fractal floor controller. Money is tight and I'm desperately hanging on to needed funds for the purchase of the unit. If too much more time goes by with no updates on when it might be available, I may have to purchase an alternative. My Boss GT-8 is not cutting it for me.

I'm hanging on for as long as I can. I want to support this company & I want a Fractal controller, but I can't wait too much longer. ...Or, at least not if there's no real information about a definitive availability date. :?

Back
Top Bottom