MFC101 Midi Controller: WISH!!!

Would you like that the MFC101 was at your mercy anytime soon??

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got something else, so i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
It's not your regular AXE wish, but to me it is important... It's christmas soooooooon.

I wish this would hit us soon.... Any info at all?? Anyone????

I voted Yes, but I suppose it depends on the price... I did get a Liquid-Foot Jr, but I like the idea of having a foot controller solution that was developed by the same person as the Axe for seemless integration (hopefully).

That is what i'm thinking.. But if it takes to much time, i have to go for something else.

Too much time has passed since the official announced ((the first one... maybe 1 year or more ?)... so I had to find another solution. Gaspedal has been the chosen one. ;)

Done waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting......RIDICULOUS! Buying something else....
I am beyond amazed that this thing hasn't emerged.....

Just pulled the trigger on a new controller today. Would definately have bought the MCF101, but couldn't wait any longer.

Andrew

Cliff/Tom,
Give us an update, if there are production problems we would certainly understand as that stuff is beyond your control. We want to give you guys our $$$$$$. My MIDIMATE is so covered in beer and club filth I guarantee is is ready to give up the ghost soon. Crap, I probably just jinxed myself, with two gigs this weekend no less!!! :mrgreen:

mitch236 said:
There had to be a major issue with the prototype to not have any news for this product in so long.

That appears to me, too. Recently I found a post from Cliff (on the old forum) where estimated release was about september or late fall... year 2008!
I'll refrain from saying creating and developing a midi controller is easy, but: come on, programming the software/midi implementation should be a lot less difficult than developing the best amp sim algorithms to date :?

Whatever, I voted "I got something else" in the poll, so my wait is over.
I went with the Gordius Little Giant 2 and plan to post a review here.

Seb

Yes,
Sadly I have been on the list/waiting for 2 years.

Sebastian said:
mitch236 said:
There had to be a major issue with the prototype to not have any news for this product in so long.

That appears to me, too. Recently I found a post from Cliff (on the old forum) where estimated release was about september or late fall... year 2008!
I'll refrain from saying creating and developing a midi controller is easy, but: come on, programming the software/midi implementation should be a lot less difficult than developing the best amp sim algorithms to date :?

Whatever, I voted "I got something else" in the poll, so my wait is over.
I went with the Gordius Little Giant 2 and plan to post a review here.

Seb

m lebofsky said:
Yes,
Sadly I have been on the list/waiting for 2 years.

2 years? wow, I didn't know the first announcement/waiting list option was so long ago.
I waited until G66 made the official waiting list announcement for Europe and got on the list;
I think that was in july last year, almost one and half years ago.

What bothered me most wasn't the lack of estimated dates, but the lack of details about its midi capabilities.
Tuner info, synced IA states and patch names, songs & setlist - all good but not surprising, those are the basics.
What about total number of patches/banks/etc., keypad mode, messages per switch, dependency rules, layout options...etc etc ?

To me waiting is a lot easier if I know exactly what I'm waiting for - as was the case with my Ultra I waited for over 10 months.
You can compare and decide what product suits you best and act accordingly. But if you know nothing beyond basic, nor when...
In the end it's still a midi controller, nothing more or less. And looking at competitors like Gordius and Liquid Foot I'm afraid there's no "Cliff bonus"
like there is when it comes to an Axe-Fx type product. IMHO.

To avoid any misinterpretation, I'm not angry or bitter about this subject, just sharing my thoughts. :)

Seb

Why no updates?

Complacency?

Cowardice?

Shame?

Is there any explanation? It takes less than a minute to post something on a forum. Anyone else a little worried about the Axe future given the handling of the MFC debacle?

Mark P. said:
Why no updates?

Complacency?

Cowardice?

Shame?

Is there any explanation? It takes less than a minute to post something on a forum. Anyone else a little worried about the Axe future given the handling of the MFC debacle?
Those options above are insulting. No reason to get that way. Go vote with your wallet if you're that upset. Buy something else.

It takes longer than a minute to deal with the flack afterwards. They learned the hard way not to do any announcements they're not darn sure to be able to keep. And I don't blame them for that.

That said, it is a mystery why it's taking this long. I think Cliff had the Standard finished faster than the seemingly infinitely simpler MFC. Maybe they're having trouble working around patents. Maybe it's a question of competition. The LF and Gordius are steep competition, the GCP is cheaper, not to mention the Axess, Skrydstrup, Lenders, etc. It must be quite a chore to make sure it can keep up with those, let alone surpass them, which people have come to expect from Cliff.
It is strange. Both FA and LF announced their plans for a foot controller at about the same time and LF has had two (or three?) models out for quite some time now and the MFC remains an urban myth. And I think Jeff (LF) even did that in his spare time. I don't know if he's gone full pro yet, but he used to have a day job. I think Fractal should have adopted Jeff in the beginning. But Jeff doesn't do Foreign. Strictly USA (and Canada?).

However, turning back on the MFC now would destroy many hours of work and investments without any revenue. Then again, many companies do offer processors but don't offer foot controllers.

Who knows? I really expected them to be ready for the Christmas shopping...

Had not heard of the Skrydstrup. Perfect layout and size for what I'm looking for (similar to the MFC101 pic), but a limited display and WOW $1355!!! :eek:

It is disappointing that there has been no communication whatsoever in a long time. I think most folks here are fairly understanding.

I think there has to be a major issue at hand. Probably an issue with production at their price point. The dollar is pretty weak and I don't think many people will pay $1000 for the MFC.

Then again, what do I know!!!!

Back
Top Bottom