MFC101 Expander

That could happen too, I suppose. We have no official word on anything like that yet, so it's all guesses now.

itsdonny said:
Is there anything on the market that could plug into the RJ-45 connector to use as an expander?
No, and I don't think it's RJ-45 either. Besides MIDI, there aren't any standards for interoperable hardware controllers.

scarr said:
itsdonny said:
Is there anything on the market that could plug into the RJ-45 connector to use as an expander?
No, and I don't think it's RJ-45 either. Besides MIDI, there aren't any standards for interoperable hardware controllers.

Yes, Cliff said it is an RJ-45

I noticed the liquid foot controller has 2 rj-45 connectors. 1 for expansion and 1 for a RIG module. I'm not even sure what that is. I would think there would be some compatability like midi? No? Could I just connect two MFC-101s together for extra IA's?

javajunkie said:
scarr said:
itsdonny said:

Yes, Cliff said it is an RJ-45
I dug this out: http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=488879&highlight=#488879

cliffc8488 on HRI said:
The rectangular jack is the "expansion port". Two-way RS-422.

CC

I guess there are protocols versus connectors, so RJ-45 doesn't technically mean Ethernet. I tend to think of it that way, despite having owned various Line 6 products. :p

I was at Fractal Head quarters 3 weeks ago and cliff told me that the ethernet port was so you could link 2 mfc101's together and have twice the foot tapping power.....

I am waiting patiently for the first mfc101

Back
Top Bottom