MFC

That would be cool but not sure if it's possible. I bought mfc edit but got frustrated trying to figure it out. For me it is easier to edit on the mfc itself.

Yes don't like bringing up the dreaded line 6 but their edit is way better than axe it allows you to assign controllers via monkey

I have researched mfc it its sysex deal right set it up and dump to the mfc not real time?
Correct. It’s not a real-time editor like Axe Edit. You import a Sysex from the MFC, edit away then upload. If you’re just organizing or assigning IA buttons, it may be faster to edit directly on the MFC. However, if you’re organizing songs or sets it could be really useful. I just use one preset live so I’ve never messed with that.

Oh man, i am absolutely hoping that soon there is real time axe edit block functions. i.e. when you click on an MFC-101 switch, for example a drive switch, then the drive block in axe edit switches on and off in real time with that stomp. Its a friggin huge pain to have to double look at the MFC and Axe Edit to see which one is on or off. The thing is, someone said, cant happen, yet it should, as wah effects and other realtime effects take place within axe edit while you are using an expression pedal etc. I'm so sure its simply a MFC-101 firmware update, or axe fx 2 firmware update, properly both etc etc. Its a real pain when you use both, a screen and using the MFC at the same time. One really does end up checking both after hitting a switch. More so while in the studio. anyone else having this take place?

Oh man, i am absolutely hoping that soon there is real time axe edit block functions. i.e. when you click on an MFC-101 switch, for example a drive switch, then the drive block in axe edit switches on and off in real time with that stomp. Its a friggin huge pain to have to double look at the MFC and Axe Edit to see which one is on or off. The thing is, someone said, cant happen, yet it should, as wah effects and other realtime effects take place within axe edit while you are using an expression pedal etc. I'm so sure its simply a MFC-101 firmware update, or axe fx 2 firmware update, properly both etc etc. Its a real pain when you use both, a screen and using the MFC at the same time. One really does end up checking both after hitting a switch. More so while in the studio. anyone else having this take place?

Engaging and bypassing effects on the MFC-101 does not update Axe-Edit. To make the editor recognize such changes, its polling mechanism must be engaged. This can be accomplished by attaching the Bypass parameter of any block in the preset to a controller. The block doesn't have to be connected to anything on the grid so use a low CPU block.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...front.2Ftop_panel_and_foot_controller_changes

Engaging and bypassing effects on the MFC-101 does not update Axe-Edit. To make the editor recognize such changes, its polling mechanism must be engaged. This can be accomplished by attaching the Bypass parameter of any block in the preset to a controller. The block doesn't have to be connected to anything on the grid so use a low CPU block.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...front.2Ftop_panel_and_foot_controller_changes

yeah i saw that, but doesnt fix the situation. maybe a later update will bring about another way to make it seemless for users. great input, thanks

I have used 4 or 5 different midi controllers and NONE have an editor that allows for real-time editing, many have no editor at all.

As far as MFC-EDIT being hard to use, I would recommend using the "Visual MFC" mode under the (I think) Tools menu. You can bet very easily assign button functions via drag and drop.

Back
Top Bottom