MFC without 9v?

ozone67

Hi.

I'm really sorry if this has been posted a million times, but could someone please point me to a walk through for connecting my MFC for sysex dump and receive WITHOUT a 9v power supply?

I didn't get a transformer with the unit and it's proven pretty much impossible to source one in the UK (bought one but turned out to be a mislabelled ACDC and they just refunded me as they didn't have a VAC).

I have the Axe driver installed on the Mac and Fractal Bot. Midi cables up the wazoo etc. All the instructions stipulate a 9v supply, even to the extent of preventing a click through on the wizard without sicking boxes that are untrue.

Thanks.

upload_2019-5-18_8-34-49.png

You can try connecting your MFC-101 to the Axe-Fx using the Ethercon or FASLINK connector for power only and make sure that the PORT setting in the MFC-101 is set to MIDI. This is not a supported use case but it might work. Then you'd need a MIDI/USB cable to connect the MIDI ports from the MFC-101 to the computer. If you have problems with such a connection you will be ineligible for support.

Oh yeah, and read both the MFC-101 and MFC-Edit Owner's Manuals.

Hi.

I didn't get a transformer with the unit and it's proven pretty much impossible to source one in the UK (bought one but turned out to be a mislabelled ACDC and they just refunded me as they didn't have a VAC).

Thanks.

You don't need 9VAC. 9VDC works as well.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wireless-midi.29044/#post-427142

FractalAudio said: "The MFC can actually be run on DC (the supply section is a switching converter). Power consumption is actually pretty good. With all LEDs on the consumption should be less than 500 mA."

Just keep in mind that the MFC power jack has AC dimension pin:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...axe-what-connection-it-is.86760/#post-1049803

FractalAudio said: "2.1mm is the standard for DC. 2.5mm is the standard for AC."

You might need a custom cable with a 2.5mm on the MFC end. The DC voltage would be fine though.

Back
Top Bottom