MFC with 4 expression pedals- what pedalboard?

octatonic

Experienced
Hi all,

I have two Ernie Ball volume pedals with my MFC101 on a Pedaltrain 2.
They only just fit- with about 1/2" of one of the expressions sitting over the lip of the PT2.

ibanezshredding.jpg

I am going to add 2 Mission pedals to it which should add another 8 inches plus cabling (So maybe another 2 inches?).
Has anyone done this yet and has a good suggestion for a pedalboard?
I was thinking of a PT Pro but it is a lot deeper than I need and I'd like to keep it around the depth of the PT2.

Any options you think I should be looking at?
Ideally I need something that has a softcase (and I will get a hardcase made for it later).

James,

With the EB pedals on the edges like that, how are you securing them to the pedaltrain 2? Wouldn't your weight push the pedalboard or even the EB pedal on its side?

Would love to do what you did with 2 Mission pedals, but I don't know if it'll work.

I am very interested to know the answer to this question too. I'd much rather invest my hard earned in something professional than have a bash at making my own. I wonder if, given time, Fractal Audio will commission another company to manufacture something bespoke for the MCF-101 and up to four additional pedals? I think there will be a market certainly.

There is nothing here in the states that meets your needs. I am in the same boat. I actually made my own board with a shelf from Ikea. The it is the same depth as the PT2 but about 30 inches long. The issue I have now is finding something to carry it in. If you don't want to DYI it is probably best to have one made for you. I did this years ago and it wasn't priced all that bad.

You can keep your same Pedaltrain and use this: http://www.pedalprops.com/

Get two of the doubles (one left/one right) and you are in business.

I use one of the doubles and it's da bomb. I use the Pedaltrain Pro softcase with room to spare to carry it.

IMAG0202.jpg

James,

With the EB pedals on the edges like that, how are you securing them to the pedaltrain 2? Wouldn't your weight push the pedalboard or even the EB pedal on its side?
Would love to do what you did with 2 Mission pedals, but I don't know if it'll work.

It is pretty stable- I am using grip-lock though rather than velcro- it really doesn't move anywhere and I actually have to use a crowbar to get the pedal off the board.

I use one of the doubles and it's da bomb. I use the Pedaltrain Pro softcase with room to spare to carry it.

IMAG0202.jpg

This is a possibility.
How did you order a separate case for it though?

Really I need to be able to control 3 things- volume, wah and *something else* per patch.
Something else could be delay level, or ring mod frequency but the volume and wah are constants.

One thought I had was to get a Mission SP2 and connect it to two expression inputs.
I am guessing I could then control up to 3 things per patch but only using two expression pedals.
It would be tight, I guess- especially as mission don't do a pedal with the jacks on the top of the until (where a crybaby would have its logo).
The Ernie Ball's work so well in that although they are 4" wide they don't take up any extra space for cabling.

I guess I could go for a PT Pro.
Or maybe use my existing board with a Pedalprops and have 3 pedals.
I just then need to source a soft case for it.

Thanks for the help so far guys, esp Scott.

IMAG0202.jpg
Do you know if they make those pedalprops pedalpad (or whatever) extensions anywhere? I have a MFC101 and 2 EV1's... 2 mission also, but I don't expect to get them on the board as well...

Back
Top Bottom