Wish MFC wishlist

...That way you could have access to all scenes using only 4 pedals instead of 8.

A necessary prerequisite would be to have the current scene number permanently shown in the display. Otherwise you may end up not knowing which scene you are currently on. Scene number permanently shown is on the wish list for months but there have been no information if it is being addressed, might be addressed in the future, is currently not on the to do list or cannot be realised at all.

Just reading the MFC manual again and looked into alternate preset (12.1.3 in the manual). Now when we have scenes it would be great if the alternate preset was a selectable scene. So effectively this would work as the scene 1/2 button only with the main preset button.

I wish if Bank size is 1 (Using only 1 bank), Bank Page UP and DOWN can be used as IA switches or CC controls...

I wish if Bank size is 1 (Using only 1 bank), Bank Page UP and DOWN can be used as IA switches or CC controls...
When Bank Size is set to 1, each bank contains only one preset. Without Up an Down, you'd be stuck on one preset forever.

Reactions: yek
#2 and especially the ability to change the function of the last row. I would really appreciate being able to change the function of the UP/DOWN switches, as well as move them elsewhere.

Similar to item 3 on the list, I'd like to see an X/Y toggle button, once engaged it toggles X/Y on whatever IA switch is pressed next.

Also, would love to see some on screen confirmation of the state of external switches 1) when the unit is turned on/connected and 2) when one of the external switch states is changed. I have expression pedals without LEDs and would like to have some positive indication that I managed to engage the toe switches. This would be most useful when using toe switches on an expression pedal to toggle between two functions such as wah/volume. It sucks to go into a solo thinking you just switched from volume to wah, then when you rock back on the pedal your volume drops out.

I wish we could assign IA switches freely to any block in a preset. For example, I rarely use more than one modulation effect in a preset. It would be great if my modulation IA switch could switch a phaser in a preset, a chorus in another preset, or a flanger in another preset. All with the same switch. Same with delays, the same IA switch could activate Delay1 in a preset, than Multidelay in another, and so on. We could save lots of IA switches with this feature.

I wish we could assign IA switches freely to any block in a preset. For example, I rarely use more than one modulation effect in a preset. It would be great if my modulation IA switch could switch a phaser in a preset, a chorus in another preset, or a flanger in another preset. All with the same switch. Same with delays, the same IA switch could activate Delay1 in a preset, than Multidelay in another, and so on. We could save lots of IA switches with this feature.

This is possible now by assigning a single ext ctrl to the modulation Bypass parameter.
Or by assigning those effects to the same MIDI CC.

I would love to be able to assign an IA switch to toggle a "pedal board" mode on and off.

ON = effect bypass states persist between patch changes. For example if you engage the Drive1 block in a patch, it's then auto-engaged in every patch you recall until you switch it off, at which point it's bypassed in every subsequent patch you recall.

OFF = like what happens by default, patches recall exactly as they were saved.

Sometimes the MFC would work better as a traditional pedal board and sometimes it works better as a modern patch recall system. I believe it's possible to swap between these two modes in the edit menu, but seeing as this mode is buried in the setup menus, making this adjustment isn't really an option during a gig. A switch that allows you to quickly swap between these modes would be incredible for live use.

Last edited:
This is possible now by assigning a single ext ctrl to the modulation Bypass parameter.
Or by assigning those effects to the same MIDI CC.
I'm not in front of my rig, but with your suggestion aren't you losing the led status off, red and green?
If I remember right you only have the led off and green. When off you won't see if the block is existing in the preset.

It would be great if the leds could work like with the IA switches. Off means this controller is not assigned to anything, red means this CC is assigned to something with an off status, green means the same with an on status.

Reading the OP I agree with most if not all of the suggestions.

Especially the Freely assignable Preset Row and the Revert to last bank/preset, this would help get me outta the mess I get into when accidentally pressing the preset row when trying to change scene

I still wish there was an "LED Invert" option - green when they are inactive, and BLAZING RED when they are active (think HOT). I still grapple with the green being dimmer than the red, yet signifying activity.

Chris -

I get the 'green means go' mentality - really. I'd personally like to see it be RED = hot/live/active.

The truth is that the brightness of the two different colors seems to be the main issue. On my MFC-101 (mk I) the reds are much brighter than the greens, thus my wish for an invert feature.

The programming logic behind an invert_LED feature should be fairly simple.

Chris -

I get the 'green means go' mentality - really. I'd personally like to see it be RED = hot/live/active.

The truth is that the brightness of the two different colors seems to be the main issue. On my MFC-101 (mk I) the reds are much brighter than the greens, thus my wish for an invert feature.

The programming logic behind an invert_LED feature should be fairly simple.

I understand. Just hypothesizing the original concept.

Back
Top Bottom