MFC Tuner sensitivity

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Can the tuner display on the MFC be adjusted so as to be slightly more forgiving?

I find it much harder to use than the graphic on the AxeII led screen.

E.g. Some tuners have an accuracy rating of +/-1c.
Some have a rating of +/-3c.
Any way to do something like this with the MFC?
I can't use it for much as it is.

MFC doesn’t have a tuner of its own. It’s just another display for the Axe tuner. And a poor one at that. It only gets information from Axe via MIDI in periodic SysEx messages, and that’s a slow process, so it jumps all over the place.

Moreover, MFC won’t be updated anymore it seems. Even if this could theoretically be improved (I don’t know that it could), it won’t be.

So it is what it is.

Yeah I typically watch the ball on the Axe II screen itself. The Axe Edit display seems a little more stable than the MFC, but still not as good as the front panel. Those tiny clip on headstock tuners have gotten surprisingly good and cheap. Some are even polyphonic now. Just turn down the guitar volume and tune away anytime.

One thing I do that helps is go slow with it. It feels like there’s a delay in response time so when I’m close I wait an extra second to see where it settles and then I don’t overshoot.

I've got no time for that.
Me either. I don't understand why the tuner on the MFC has a 'delay'. It's super annoying. I sing lead vocals, and I find myself trying to sing and tune, while looking back at my Axe screen, instead of using MFC.
I used to use the RJM Mastermind (which was 1/3rd the price) and it was excellent at displaying the tuner. Super easy to tune with.

I don't imagine much development for the MFC will be happening now that the AxeIII and the new pedals are coming out.
I'm a little ticked off that if I want to go for a III I'll also have to scrap the MFC and get the one of the new FCs.
But I'll live.

I just got an MFC, and I don't mind the tuner function on it at all. It's not as good obviously as the AxeFX but good enough for gigs. I also have an Morningstar MC6 that communicates with the tuner on the AxeFX and that is really bad. So coming from that to the MFC was a nice surprise actually.

Back
Top Bottom