MFC suddenly stopped working

EJB

Hi all - I've seen a few threads after searching related to error 14, but it seems that error is related to a failed firmware update. I didn't attempt to update the firmware or do anything out of the ordinary. The MFC simply stopped working, was at first completely blank, and then later displayed the error 14 message.... Anyone else ever encounter this issue? Is there a simple fix or must I attempt some kind of reset/firmware update?

I've changed cat5 cables just in case but that's not the issue. Very frustrating problem as I was right in the middle of recording.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
E

I just had the same problem. I turned the AxFX on today and got an instant Error 14 on the MFC. I haven't done a firmware upgrade on either in a long time.

Please help, I have a big show on Friday!

Hi @exlepe. Aside from these two reports, I've never heard of ERROR 14 happening at any time OTHER than during a firmware update.

Error 14 is a rare occurrence that normally happens during failed firmware updates. Once your unit gets stuck in error 14 status you will need to try to install firmware within a time window after booting and before your unit times out to error 14. Contrary to what your “MIDI instincts” might suggest, you will need to SPEED UP the transfer of the firmware update (by reducing the ms delay setting in Fractal-Bot).
Finding the right balance can be tough—it needs to be fast enough to beat the clock, but not so fast that the data cannot be processed.

We’re happy to help handle this issue in our service center if you can’t recover.
Contact us via http://support.fractalaudio.com

Thanks for the quick reply. So, should I just try to re install the current firmware since it is the newest? I hope I didn't lose my setup.

Hi @exlepe. Aside from these two reports, I've never heard of ERROR 14 happening at any time OTHER than during a firmware update.

Error 14 is a rare occurrence that normally happens during failed firmware updates. Once your unit gets stuck in error 14 status you will need to try to install firmware within a time window after booting and before your unit times out to error 14. Contrary to what your “MIDI instincts” might suggest, you will need to SPEED UP the transfer of the firmware update (by reducing the ms delay setting in Fractal-Bot).
Finding the right balance can be tough—it needs to be fast enough to beat the clock, but not so fast that the data cannot be processed.

We’re happy to help handle this issue in our service center if you can’t recover.
Contact us via http://support.fractalaudio.com

It worked. I just flashed it to what it currently had on it and its all set. Thank you for the help. That was strange. I have had this setup for years and never an issue but today it just got angry at me and corrupted itself.

Ok, Here is the next issue. The Tuner button doesn't work. It doesn't light up, change to the tuner or display the tuner on the MFC like it used to. I verified that if I click it right on the Axe it does work and it is on the main page but no longer displays it on the MFC. The assigned button (#6) isn't active. I also checked in the midi setup that I have the correct AI assigned and it is where I expect it. Real time sysex is set to ALL. Ctrl is 15.
I'm out of ideas? Anyone know why I can't get the tuner to work anymore?

More info. The tuner works if I assign it to another IA do I think the Axe is fine. The problem seems to follow the button. Nothing on IA6 seems to work. I used the setup/midi on the MFC to assign a phaser to IA6 and then selected a patch with a phaser in it. It didn't light up red or green when pressed. What would cause that? Is the pedal broke? The weird thing is, the light lights up when it is powered on so the LED is ok, but functionally, it isn't available. It was fine a few days ago before I flashed it's firmware (to fix the error 14 firmware corruption).

Try changing the bank size setting, save it, then change it back and save it again.

There have been a few cases in the past like this - one particular IA button won't work.

Happened to me, and the steps above solved it.

Try changing the bank size setting, save it, then change it back and save it again.

There have been a few cases in the past like this - one particular IA button won't work.

Happened to me, and the steps above solved it.

YES that did it. Thanks Unix-guy! you kill -9 my issue!!

Back
Top Bottom