MFC Setup Looper On the Fly

johnabruzzi

Hi Folks!

Can you help me with a simple setup that are driving me crazy?

I'm trying to configure the LOOPER to work without having to press Reveal. I want to put the Record function on the MFC button 01 and the Play function on the button 02. This is extremely useful for Live presentations.

I followed all the instructions I found in a video on Youtube, but it is not working for me, because a fundamental part of the explanation is missing.
The video: Explanation starts on minute 15:18 until 18:12

I need to know how to program in the MFC so recognizes that the 01 button will have the Record function and the 02 button, Play function.

When I go to Edit -> MIDI -> IA01 (or 02) Ax- FX NONE.
In this section I can choose what effect I would like to turn on in the button. It shows all the effects, but it doesn't show the Play or Rec options.
So, I think I'm not looking at the correct section.

Can you help me with this configuration?

My SETUP: MFC 101 MARK II + AX FX II XL +

THANKS AND REGARDS FROM BRAZIL

You have it correct... but incomplete.

Those buttons are transmitting MIDI CC messages. The Axe-Fx function should be "NONE".

What's missing is to tell the Axe-Fx that the looper should be controlled by those CC messages.

The best way to do this might be to use Learn mode.

Find LOOPER REC in the I/O menu of the Axe-Fx. Select it and press ENTER, then tap your desired footswitch.

Then repeat this for Looper Play.

You will need to experiment. Some additional programming may be required as, if I recall correctly, these functions are interactive with each other on the Axe-Fx, but not on the MFC.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not use the Axe Fx mode functions for the Looper controls?

I'm pretty certain there is an option to configure which switch is the first used for presets... I can't remember the setting and not seeing it in the manual but if you can't find it let me know and I'll fire up my copy of MFC-EDIT and track it down.

Back
Top Bottom