MFC sends preset data to all channels by default?

Ventanaman

Inspired
So I have had my MFC for about a month now and have it pretty well programmed in AxeFx mode for all of my guitar needs. Now I am incorporating other MIDI devices into my rig and the first is a Vocalist Pro which I use for mainly for vocal compression and high harmonies that I can't reach (I sing mostly backup in my project).

I have my AxeFX set up on MIDI Ch1 and the VP on Ch2, and have successfully mapped some CC's to switch off/on the various effects on the VP I may need. However, I do not want to send program changes to the VP when I switch Axe presets, so when I go into the present menu I find that the MFC sends out the PC's on ALL channels and there is no apparent global way to change this. I had to go through each preset on the MFC and disable the other channels - a real pain, but now everything works.

So, it may be nice in the MFC MIDI menu to be able to select the specific channel if you don't want data sent on all channels. Just my $.02.

Overall, I am pretty darn happy with the MFC (previously owned a MidiMate, LF Jr., and a GC pro).

Back
Top Bottom