MFC QUESTION:

Radley

Experienced
QUESTION: How do I set the MFC-101 to nullify any/all engaged IA switches when I switch to a new preset?

Thanks!

Perhaps it is because my two IA switches are set to Global instead of per preset?

I just save my patches how I want them in the axe itself. I know you can also disable whatever effects are on then go into edit/save on the mfc and save that setting as a new patch on the mfc itself. When recalled, it then sends midi data for the patch saved on the mfc regardless of effect on/off status saved in the axe.

I'm a noob at this myself so I may be mistaken but hope this helps.

On another note - are you friends w Yinka Oyelese? Thought I saw you on FB...

Last edited:
IA switches which have been set to Axe-Fx functions (bypass mode of effects or X/Y), will be set to their saved state when switching to another preset (if running the MFC in Axe-Fx Mode). So it depends on how those effects (= IA switches) are programmed per preset, if you're running in Axe-Fx Mode.

For "general use" IAs (IAs not set to an Axe-Fx function, or when the MFC is not running in Axe-Fx Mode) it works differently. Those are managed by using the Global and the Send w/Preset parameters. There's a handy table in the MFC manual (p. 25) regarding FGlobal and Send w/Preset. Also see the MFC How-Tos page:

Yeks MFC-101 How-Tos page - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Global and Send w/Preset have no effect when the IA switch is set to an Axe-Fx function in Axe-Fx Mode.

Last edited:
Very cool - Got it all straightened out now. One more question: Why does AxeEdit not indicate 'active state' of effects when I engage IA switches?

Very cool - Got it all straightened out now. One more question: Why does AxeEdit not indicate 'active state' of effects when I engage IA switches?
That feature is not implemented yet... IA state is coming in a future release of AxeEdit. No target as yet.

Back
Top Bottom