MFC question

Billbill

Power User
been searching for an MFC for 7 months now and still trying to find a reasonably affordable, small MFC. I've watched a ton of YouTube videos on the FAS MFC but not sure why I should get it.
Question, why does the FAS MFC have so many switches on it? I see most guys have loopers drives and other stuff on theirs. Ain't that stuff in the darn presets?

Instant access switches for various effects in your presets. It can be configured such that the bottom row of switches will change presets within a given bank (there are switches to change banks as well) or they can be used to change scenes within a preset. The rest of the switches are generally assigned to specific block types (drive 1, chorus 1, delay 1, etc)

It all depends on how much stuff you need access to while playing.

Some have everything pre-programmed and only need scenes and a Preset up and down switch.
Some like to use it like an old school pedal board with lots of IA switches.
Some do a combination of both with Preset, Scene, and IA switches.

Last edited:
with the addition of the mfc, you can also run more expression pedals and external switches. if you only need to change presets and nothing else the mfc would be over kill. It all depends on your needs.

And post in the correct section...

FWIW, if you are unsure of what all that stuff is for after watching all those videos, it may be too much for your needs. You have to decide what you want to do in your rig, then figure out the right foot controller that fits that bill.

Cool thanks for all the info guys! My mind is a bit clearer and I am coming up with ideas for my application. Might sell a nut and grab the FAS MFC.

Back
Top Bottom